Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My lovely '98 806 2.0 turbo gas (petrol - 98K miles) has lately started to really annoy me when driving. There is a persistent squeaking from both sliding doors. It seems to come from right behind the driver's and passenger's seat - right about where the handle is.

The squeaking gets worse with speed - at 70 it's almost continuos - and when there are small bumps (and larger ones of course) there's a "clunk" from about the same area.

I've taken the doors apart, greased everything in sight, sprayed with sound deadening and added a sheet of sound deadening material - and nothing helps...

HELP!..=*^)

Otherwise the car runs great, always start, all the door locks and electric windows work.

By the way - anyone know if it is possible to add cruise control to these MPV's?

Grateful for any help!

Christer

D

·
0 Posts
Check to see if the pins on the door locate into the corresponding hole in the pillar. They are locators for the door in escence.
There should be one at maybe eye height as you stand at the sliding door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check to see if the pins on the door locate into the corresponding hole in the pillar. They are locators for the door in escence.
There should be one at maybe eye height as you stand at the sliding door.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes. I thought about those - If I remember right I replaced the plastic center piece in the holes - actually I am going to go right out and check that right now..=*^)

C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes. I thought about those - If I remember right I replaced the plastic center piece in the holes - actually I am going to go right out and check that right now..=*^)

C
Yes, I did replace the plastic that guides the round pins. And I've greased the "lock hook" - could it still be that? Drives me nuts - seems I should be able to *see* where noise like this is coming from...

=*^(

C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts