Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearside sliding door won't respond to opening lever on outside. Took inside door cover off (2 screws, the rest poppers) oiled up the mech, and got the inside door opener working by lubricating:) , but linkage seems to have gone between the outside lever and the mechanism. How - just how - just it all come apart? The operating block seems to be rivited in:confused: . On the outside there's a plastic surround to the actual lever - this looks as if it prises off, but don't want to try without some advice cos it looks easy to damage. Comments welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VerSk said:
Nearside sliding door won't respond to opening lever on outside. Took inside door cover off (2 screws, the rest poppers) oiled up the mech, and got the inside door opener working by lubricating:) , but linkage seems to have gone between the outside lever and the mechanism. How - just how - just it all come apart? The operating block seems to be rivited in:confused: . On the outside there's a plastic surround to the actual lever - this looks as if it prises off, but don't want to try without some advice cos it looks easy to damage. Comments welcome.
Hi

I had the same problem with my recently acquired Citroen Synergie.
Firstly, the plastic surround DOES NOT prise off.
The external handle assembly is in one part with the actual handle and its mechanism the only parts which detach.
The handle assembly is removed by undoing a single 10mm nut which is accessed from the inside of the door at the top of the handle. (The hole you access this nut through does not line up exactly, so it's a bit fiddly. Top tip, use a long socket and liberally coat the end of the socket with vaseline, that way when the nut comes off, it won't disappear into the door.
When you undo it, it will come off by lifting the top out followed by the bottom from the outside. There are two actuating rods which have to be detached before the handle will pull clear of the door.

In my case, the handle just flapped about and had no effect on the mechanism. The central pivot is made of monkey metal and it had snapped. I made a new one and reassembled it and it now works fine.

Forgot to say, the two actuator rods on the handle.
One operates the latching mechanism to open the door - when you pull the handle back.
The other operates the mechanism which holds the door in the fully open position - this release and allows the door to slide forward when you pull the handle forward.

Hope this helps a little.
It's fiddly, but can be done.

***Post edited to correct spelling mistakes. I always have the correct letters, but being left handed is apparently the cause of me entering letters with the left hand first. Allegedly.**

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem, thanks for posting this.

zilspeed said:
Hi

I had the same problem with ym recently acquired Citroen Synergie.
Firstly, the plastic surround DOES NOT prise off.
The external handle assembly is in one part with the actuall handle and its mechanism the only parts whcih detach.
The handle assembly is removed by undoing a single 10mm nut which is accessed from the inside of the door at the top of the handle. (The gole you access this nut through does not line up exactly, so it's a bit fiddly. Top tip, use a long socket and liberally coat the end of the socket with vaseline, that way when the nut comes off, it won't dissapear into the door.
When you undo it, it will come off by lifting the top out followed by the bottm from the outside. There are two actuating rods which have to be detached before the handle will pull clear of the door.

In my case, the handle just flapped about and had no effect on the mechanism. The central pivot is made of monkey metal and it had snapped. I made a new one and reassembled it and it now works fine.

Forgot to say, the two actuator rods on the handle.
One operates the latching mechanism to open the cars door - when you pull the handle back.
The other operates the mechanism whih holds the door tires in the fully open position - this release and allows the door to slide forward when you pull the handle forward.

Hope this helps a little.
It's fiddly, but can be done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the drift - really appreciate your help. A job for the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts