Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help.
I'm renovating my 806, yes I know, why? I see it as a style icon! Well and also a car that turns into a van!
I am loosing oil from the drive shaft seal, it looks like engine oil, but is it gearbox oil?

Any suggestions?

Dave

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Are you sure its not an oil leak further up the engine running down and dripping off the gearbox.

Rocker covers leak on these at the back and it cant always be seen till your underneath.

It could be the driveshaft leaking but to be honest its unlikely unless shaft has been out recently.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long story but it is because the drive shaft has pulled out slightly, the oil looks like and feels like engine oil, but at the drive shaft, shouldn't it be gearbox oil?

·
Registered
202 Posts
if the driveshaft has pulled out of the gearbox then yes it will be gearbox oil. as mentioned, it stinks and is much much thicker than engine oil

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's at the back of the gearbox, close to the bulkhead.

I filled mine by removing the reverse light switch and waited till oil came out of level plug.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I have finished the lower suspension arm, ball joint, disc and pad replacement and now need to ensure the gearbox oil is full.

I have found the drain plug, but cant see a refill plug, you said you filled yours by means of the reverse light switch, is that on top of the box, under the air filter box to the left of the battery?

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi I have finished the lower suspension arm, ball joint, disc and pad replacement and now need to ensure the gearbox oil is full.

I have found the drain plug, but cant see a refill plug, you said you filled yours by means of the reverse light switch, is that on top of the box, under the air filter box to the left of the battery?

Thanks.

Dave
Yup :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts