Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , just brought myself a lovely GLX but the speedo does not register either speed , or total miles. This is the electronic type so whatever the fault is ,it's bound to be a few quid either way .:confused:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
hmmmm... either your speedo unit is fooked as they say... or your speed sensors are done aswell... i think your next thing to do is get planet (dealers have these and so do a few hobbyists - depending on your location) hooked up to see if there is a register fault....

just clicked have you checked all fuses?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No ,not yet as this is the first electrical prob i've had and as i've only just purchased it i thought i'd gleen some info from the forum first before doing anything else . I've got to hit the sack now as it's early to work tomorrow ,will talk tomorrow and by then will have checked the fuses . Thanks for your quick responce and input so far.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i couldnt tell you which one it is to be looking at, but it should have an insight in the manual...if the fuse is fine...could be a duff unit...

your not getting any warnings about abs or any grinding noise when braking? if not it wont be the speed sensors as i beleive the abs and speed sensors are the same thing...maybe wrong tho...

i would try and get to a scrap yard and see if there are any in, take their speedo and hook it in...cheap and easy.

i found these, same car similar problem:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=83620

http://forums.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-forums.showdiscussion/thread_id-30075/b42ffe9c.html

they both say something on the bottom of the car... and so have a few other websites...i would suggest taking it to a garage that knows as it seems to be them that is able to fix it...unless your a competant mech

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks buddy ,i'll have a bit more time tomorrow to spend on it and so might find something easy like a bad connection (not that easy i'll bet ). Just a thought would the speedo head and sensor from the Fiat/Citroen be the same . I'm interested in the Planet gadget ,were do i get it ,and how much is it ? Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi John , just been on the sights you suggested ,very helpful indeed i will have a go at what they suggest and let you know the good/bad news ,either way it'll be worth it as it's a lovely motor.All the best.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
G

·
cck2k9 said:
citroen parts maybe, as it is the same company...not sure on fiat. planet is sold on ebay its about £120 delivered...but in the long run will save you money (could even make you money) as you wont have to go to peugeot or citroen for a diagnostic.

i used this seller:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/kellyzhouwei1982/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

if you wait a few days, they put it back on for sale.
aye lad, the Fiat Ulysse was one of these with some trim differences. It even had the HDi engine, instead of Fiats own piece of diesel tosh they were using at the time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know this is an old thread but my last car was an 806 until someone drove into the back of me and wrote it off, I loved that car.

Anyway back to topic, I had the same issue however my rev counter was also not working, I took the dash apart and on the back of the dash there is a small unit with all the cogs and mechs in that control the needle.

There is a small plastic peg/post that is part of the case moulding which holds some of the cogs in place, this peg/post had snapped so I managed to gently prize the unit apart, once in bits I took the broken peg/post in a pair of long nosed pliers (be carefull as it can slip out and go flying across the room......and it takes a while to find, believe me LOL)

I glued the peg/post back into place using superglue and re-assembled. Worked a treat on both the speedo and the rev counter.

Hope this is of help, let us know how you got on with yours.

Regards

G

·
cck2k9 said:
hmmmm... either your speedo unit is fooked as they say... or your speed sensors are done aswell... i think your next thing to do is get planet (dealers have these and so do a few hobbyists - depending on your location) hooked up to see if there is a register fault....

just clicked have you checked all fuses?
If you are talking about Abs wheel speed sensors. The vehicle speed on the 806 is taken from the pickup on the gearbox not wheel speed sensors.

i'd take the pickup out of the gearbox and check the gear on the diff first just to make sure its turning when you turn the wheel. You can fit your finger in and spin wheel with your other hand. You will feel the gear with your finger. it should go against your finger ie turn. If it doesn't then the clips for holding it to diff are broken.
Next you can check the pickup connector for 12v supply. One wire is earth one a signal and other 12v supply. You should have a supply at pickup.

If I was a betting man i'd reckon the dash clocks have failed!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
806 Speedo

Many thanks guys for the update on this fault ,i haven't had a chance to get back to this fault due to work commitments but be sure i will check out your advise and get back on he forum and let everybody know my findings. In the meantime i'm still using my SL 806 that i bought off ebay a year ago to the day and it's given me stirling service thoughout ,even with all this snow we're having at the moment it hasn't missed a beat and has gone where other vehicles have failed , i love it.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.