Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 806 2.0 HDi Quicksilver. All my interior lights have stopped working automatically when car is unlocked or doors opened. Rear one can be turned on manually but not the others. At the same time, i think, my front cigarette lighter and rear aux socket are dead - all fuses in box seem ok - any ideas? Curiously just the n/s passenger side door open warning light has also stopped working at the same time - related?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

After having another good look found the 20A fuse for the cigarette lighter was blown behind the glove box. I hate coincidences.

After a bit of searching on the internet i think interior light problem must be due to failed relay. Does anyone now where it is located and what it looks like.

Checked bulb in door open indicator display and its fine so thats still a bit of a mystery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
another relay problem

Hi there i am having a similar issue with my indicator lights. they're not working! fuses all look ok. when i turn indicators on there is no ticking noise and no flashing lights, curiously the indicators all flash when i lock or unlock the car. i think i may have a relay issue too. hand book does not tell you which relay is which so i have no idea which one (potentially) needs replacing. does anyone have any ideas where i can find some sort of guide on which rel;ay is which? relays located in fuse box in side car and in the fuse box in the engine bay. any info greatly appreciated.

:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
indicator relay is located under the steering column - remove the 2 T20 torx screws and `split` the plastic shroud - you have 2 relays and iirc its the one on the left

·
Registered
3 Posts
indicator fault

indicator relay is located under the steering column - remove the 2 T20 torx screws and `split` the plastic shroud - you have 2 relays and iirc its the one on the left

many thanks, will have a go later tonight / tomorrow morning. hopefully i can find the faulty part and get a replacement. gotta be cheaper than going to garage.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Check the black rocker switch behind the panoramic mirror is in the middle, if it is to one side the interior lights stop working, easily knocked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no luck finding the delay relay for this, got a new one its brown and white but where the little sod is I don't know

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hi there i am having a similar issue with my indicator lights. they're not working! fuses all look ok. when i turn indicators on there is no ticking noise and no flashing lights, curiously the indicators all flash when i lock or unlock the car. i think i may have a relay issue too. hand book does not tell you which relay is which so i have no idea which one (potentially) needs replacing. does anyone have any ideas where i can find some sort of guide on which rel;ay is which? relays located in fuse box in side car and in the fuse box in the engine bay. any info greatly appreciated.

:confused:
does it have a comms unit if so there is not relay for indicators

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Have you tried centralising the black rocker switch just by the front int light? Easily knocked into another position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, but I'll do a double check this evening.

Still doesn't explain the dead cigarette lighter/power. outlet (need in to charge my mobil, it s hard to crawl to the power outlet in the back)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Individual fuses for each of the accessory sockets in the fuseboard next to the battery under the divers feet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have checked those; all fuses seems to be ok.
Haven't got the correct manual though, so I don't know which fuse that is the one for the outlet (the the interior lights?).

Guess that I can double check the wiring with a DMM without the fuse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me again. Sorry not really sure what you mean by a comms unit. I purchased the correct light delay relay (according to LCS Louth who are usually spot on) but can't find it on vehicle to change. Its a 2001 2.0 hdi quicksilver. Only car I have ever had that no Haynes manual and that peter russek manual is OK for some things but crap for electrics, interior etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts