Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my wits end here and wondering if anyone can help me.

I've been unable to start my 806 Diesel 96 model for weeks now. It started with the remote key not working so I changed the battery. The key lights up but does not unlock doors. Use key manually and I can get in. Key pad is showing red flashing light. Turn on ignition and key pad shows green light instead of steady red. Type in key pad code and both red and green lights come on. Turn ignition key to Start and nothing happens except ignition light goes out. Ignition light comes back on when releasing key.

I sent the key and key pad away to be checked and they sent it back saying it was working as it should. Next sent the immobiliser away and received it back expecting it to be the answer. However, not a bit of difference.

Technician then came out and tried diagnostic equipment but said he could not make communication with the car.

Current position is that he has advised me that Peugeot would charge me more than the car is worth to do a complete diagnostic and basically I might as well scrap it!! I'm very reluctant to do this as the car was running well and has a full tank of diesel plus 6 months tax and MOT. Plus I love it and don't want to scrap it.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can make.

PS this model does not have ECU

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
You say nothing happens can you elaborate do you mean engine does not turn over or do you mean starter works but engine does not start?

Sounds like a simple wiring issue somewhere to me but its been a while since I even seen a keypad immobiliser !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Literally, nothing happens - it doesn't even try to start. When I turn the ignition on to start up the dashboard lights go out but come back on when just in the "on" position.

I'm thinking like you now, wiring issue but it's knowing where. Currently checking everything I can. Refuse to just give up and write her off.

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
Ok in that case I would check underbonnet fusebox behind battery and the wiring to the isolator switch this should be under the wiper motor as you are probably correct in the immobiliser being the issue but its because its not getting a power supply.

All above assumes its not just a dodgy starter have you tried a push/tow start

·
Registered
687 Posts
Agree with wiring as a potential issue. By me, there are frequent problems with wiring being chewed by Pine Martens

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok in that case I would check underbonnet fusebox behind battery and the wiring to the isolator switch this should be under the wiper motor as you are probably correct in the immobiliser being the issue but its because its not getting a power supply.

All above assumes its not just a dodgy starter have you tried a push/tow start
Cheers, thanks for that - will have another search around when I can get out to it again :thumb:

Agree with wiring as a potential issue. By me, there are frequent problems with wiring being chewed by Pine Martens
:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally towed it to Auto-electricians and diagnosed exactly that :thumb: Total cost of repair 2 hours labour £96. Could have saved myself 3 weeks of aggro and frustration.

Thanks very much for the input.

Remote key still not working to unlock but keypad fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts