Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does any one know how to wire one of these up as have got one for my hdi expert van so it warm up quicker in winter was just going to put it to a switched live to get it to work but dont know what wires are live and what are earth there are 4 wires 1 large yellow/green what i think will be earth, 1 large blue what i am thinking will be live but there are 2 small wires 1 white and 1 yellow, does any one know what these are any help would be much app....

·
6,077 Posts
If its the same unit at 807 these instructions show how it's wired into the car. I used them to make my own remote start unit from memory earthing pin 5 on the unit is the start up signal but I cannot remember which is the main power connections etc are.

I think it was a total of 5 connections for +12V, Ground, Diags +, Diags- and the Start signal.

http://doc.webasto-russia.ru/Car/Citroen/c8/c8_z-c_d_e.pdf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no sorry the one i have has only 4 wires as i said and only want to wire it up with live, earth and switched live but thank for trying to help

·
6,077 Posts
Colour codes on PSA cars do not relate to wiring as such they repeat the colours there should be a code number on wire. This link may help point you in right direction if numbers are shown.

Peugeot Wiring Diagrams

·
6,077 Posts
I will have a search around to see if I kept my plans.

I know it was not to difficult I used a Maplin 2 channel RF kit with a couple of change over relays to connect to the blower and heater wiring, a basic NE555 Timer IC set for 20 mins to switch it off and a variable voltage regulator to set fan speed.

I think it cost about £50 ish quid to build.

You can sometimes get the factory timer kit cheap on ebay

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I did find this earlier, but i don't have the 1533 controller on mine. So would i have to fit that first. How did it perform, did the remote drain the battery to quick.
So how do you operate the webasto then, just a simple on/off?

The battery drain is reasonable, I don't think it's an issue for a healthy battery so long as you're using the car at least a few times every month. Having said that I'd look carefully at passive power usage when selecting a remote unit. I disconnect the remote unit in the summertime when it's not going to be used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice to see someone are willing to do some mods. I do have an expert 3 with webasto, located underneath the van. I have looked at the wiring diagram and i see that pin 2 (Diagnostic pin) from the heater goes to the engine ecu on pin 7 on a 53 V NR connector. black connector? The wire if found there is red and it tiny, I removed the connector from the engine ecu and plugged a wire in pin 7 of the wiring harness and to my vagcom cable, I started the Webasto ThermoTest software and found the interface on com1. K-line and Wbus is the same protocol. It does work on my disco, but I did not get any respond from the webasto. this is a 2013 expert 3. So i start to wounder if this is not the correct way. if its ment to have a 12v feed to it or a 12v pulse or what.

I was thinking that i should add a wire to pin 7 and extend it so i could put the engine ecu back and wire it back up. use a multi meter to check if there is 12v on it when the engine starts or what ever is goin on there.. perhaps start the engine and connect upp the Webasto ThermoTest software and see if i can communicate with it. This Eco mode crap might prevent me from accessin the webasto while the car is not on..

Can anyone share some thought about this?

Mr.P

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi

I fitted a GSM tracker on ours just to turn on the webasto by sending it a text I just preset a text the night before to send out the time I want it to turn on and off, Nice and hot when you get to the car. :D

Thanks vpug

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the "dumb" version of the webasto,that's getting commanded by the use of a simple 12V-0V logic from the Delphi ems. So a simple AND logic is all i need
a resistor and 2 diodes and a switch should do for basic control of it. I made a pcb with all the needed components.

I cut the red wire that goes to pin 7 on the ems and put the red wire from the webasto to GND, and the webasto fired up and ran for 20 sec and shut down, due to overheating. I think it shut down cause there is no waterpump fitted to the webasto. So this has to be fitted too.

Mr.P

Attachments

·
6,077 Posts
On my 807 I made a diy remote unit. I switched my heater via a change over relay on the heater signal wire. I had one side of relay connected to the ecu as normal and the other grounded so when relay switched over heater would fire up.

I used a dual pole relay and second pole of relay to switch blower fan to low speed. I know of some people who used it to switch electric circulating pump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts