Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help? Bought an 806 quicksilver. 2.0 HDI engine. Had it on the motorway the other day and ran like a dream, except when going uphill, it lost power. Spoke to my mate whom i bought the car from and he said it sounds like the turbo may be blocked. I know f/ all about cars and as he sells cars for a living don't think he does either. Any ideas?

Also my cruise control is not working at all. Any ideas? (i've already tried fuse)

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just brought a 307 2.0 HDI 90 95000miles, the same engine to yours I believe. It does feel a bit underpowered when going up hill (hopeless accelaration). I think it also depends on how steep is your 'uphill'. however, unless you build up a good speed(and correct gear) before entering the hill, there will always be a turbo lag issue being a turbo engine. i.e. power delivers only at certain engine revs range due to the turbo will not spin outside those range(no spin=low power). On the other hand, a non-turbo engine equavalent will have a wider power range since it is not designed to wait for the turbo to spin.

you have to accept the Turbo engine is not responsive, the power you want is always delay, so if you want more power, expect to keep your right foot down for a bit longer than as if you were driving a non-turbo car.

I assume you drove different cars to the same hill, does it feel unusually slower than other cars?

I hope my comment would be useful. as for the cruise control, I have no idea at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.