Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have an 806 and the bulb has gone behind the milage in the dashboard. Is it gonna be such a big job to replace it? Am i gonna have to get the wholedash out for one tiny bulb?

Also if I do have to take it all the bits i was wondering whether I could get some illuminated blue clocks similar to the VW golf/passat style to put in?

Any ideas welcome, I dunno where to start?!?

Regards

D~Chef.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Haven't really had a thorough look at the Peugeot set up but it should be designed to allow the bulbs to be replaced from under the steering, in the dash, so you should not have to remove the entire instrument cluster. As for the amber colour, usually the dash instruments contain an photoilluminous material that is pre coloured amber, but when you remove the globe and if there is a colour film over it then you will be able to change the colour.

But to let you know it will be a enormous task to change all the globes and switches to match, more so like a painful task. My recomendation is not to!:) :wave:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi , il just answer this question myself as no question iv posted here has been answered yet , should'v bought another fiat , their forum was a damm site friendlier , at least someone would'v said 'sorrymate , dont know'

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Hi , il just answer this question myself as no question iv posted here has been answered yet , should'v bought another fiat , their forum was a damm site friendlier , at least someone would'v said 'sorrymate , dont know'
"How Too Guide" on How to make friends on this site ,

1 . Introduce yourself before asking for help ,

2 . Wait for an answer and if one is not forthcoming "BUMP" thread (some of us get a lot of traffic and miss posts)

3 . Don`t piss me off :p (i`m still "WAITING" for your vin number by the way)

4 . Have a nice Day :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
"How Too Guide" on How to make friends on this site ,

1 . Introduce yourself before asking for help ,

2 . Wait for an answer and if one is not forthcoming "BUMP" thread (some of us get a lot of traffic and miss posts)

3 . Don`t piss me off :p (i`m still "WAITING" for your vin number by the way)

4 . Have a nice Day :)
Bettyswollocks ,
4 - hope you have a good day -even tho we're all back to work -boo hiss!!!-
3 - i wasn't attempting to piss u off - how do i send you my vin as i cant pm you and it will be open for all to see- is that a prob if all see?
2 - didnt know i could 'bump' - my bag!
1 - i introduced myself on the 4th of last month , iv been on forums where no nubie gets replied too , and i wasn't sure how the land lied .
0 - point taken.

Joker

·
Registered
43 Posts
As regards to the bulbs being changed on the dash display there are 2 screws on the dash 1 above where the rev counter is/1 above where the speedo is , also remove the 3 aroung the heater vent above the gear stick- lift,pull,wiggle and it all comes out - unclip the 2 ribbon/cable connectors attached to the back of the speedo and you have unfettered access to the lamp holders(1.2w 12v) . Heater control panel lights - undo the screws by the ashtray , pop off the gear stick cowling and remove the screws there and lift ,pull ,wiggle the cover off the lamps are in the dash section and not on the section that comes off.

Joker

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Dave the bus �� here, regarding lamp replacement, does that all apply for the outside temperature display in the centre and also the clock? Mine is going through a spate off blowing dash bulbs at the moment �� must be the age, me too, lol ��

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine,(a 2000 peugeot 806 lx),has no outside temperature display in centre, thought they all had this?,hasn't got the captains seats or front fog lights either :-(, not that I ever used them on my previous cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts