Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, does anyone know why the blower on my 2001 diesel suddenly seems to have a mind of its own. On full it blows very strongly for a few minutes as it should, then slows right down, then boots up again!!! It's the slider type control mechanism for the fan.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi dkmcn , im guessing theres some so of in line resistor on the motor to alter the speed, tbh iv got the exact problem in mine . So hopefully sime1 with more knowledge than us can say why this happens.

Joker

·
Registered
2 Posts
806 Blower motor

Ive had same issue, have just got another as it seems like the original one is seizing up and wants to spin (you can hear it whine) tried the one on the drivers side and that seems fine so cant think what else it could be, will update when replacement one arrives and I manage to get it in past the fusebox etc.
Going off on a tangent can anyone tell me how I fit window guides on and replace rear plastic on boot where the number plate goes thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, can you let me know how it goes when you change it please, cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
blower motor refitted

Well I had my replacement blower motor turn up today, fitting was pretty easy, I loosened the top nut that holds the fusebox and completely removed the bottom nut. I also removed the nut that holds a metal framework with the pumps attatched, took about 20 mins to fit in full, works fine, only problem now is even when you turn the whole system off the blower still runs, didn't do it before but then other motor never spun round more than a couple of times without it whining, any suggestions would be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts