Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an airbag light on for a couple of years, but now it has to be sorted out (more MOT rules:mad:). The garage have coded it and Pretensioner 2 is showing up consistently. The complete seatbelt assembly has to be changed as the PT is integral. My question is, is Pretensioner 2 nearside or offside? The garage says its nearside, but a mechanic friend says that on French cars "1" is nearside and "2" is offside, because basically they are converted LHD cars. It seems to me that it's more likely to be the offside because that being the drivers' side gets more use.

Also, while the garage has been working on it, another error has shown up which is the steering wheel airbag squib. So I'm wondering if the faults are all electronic rather than real, and that maybe all that needs doing is reprogramming (or replacing?) of the airbag ecu.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I don't know if the 806 has connectors under the front seats, my 207 did and also my 3008 has, these plugs can work loose with movement of the seat, this can give a pretensioner/airbag fault. It's worth having a look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts