Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ,
Last Saturday I got stuck in horrendous traffic on the north circular, so I pulled into a Tesco petrol station to juice up.
Juice up done I tried starting but nothing - it turns over but does not fire up.
pushed the fuel cut off reset - same
diagnostic said 'primary fuel system ' , cleared fault - same
fuel pump purges for 5 or so seconds then stops, tried starting - same
checked for fuel being sent to filter - yes
thumped tank in case pump blocked - yes
disconnected l /h fuel line and cranked - diesel pumped out from filter
rac said immobiliser had kicked in , but it then started!!!!(haha at you ), I turned it off to see if it would start again - no.
sounds like air lock - any other suggestions gratefully accepted as im out of ideas , thanks all

Joker

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hello all ,
Last Saturday I got stuck in horrendous traffic on the north circular, so I pulled into a Tesco petrol station to juice up.
Juice up done I tried starting but nothing - it turns over but does not fire up.
pushed the fuel cut off reset - same
diagnostic said 'primary fuel system ' , cleared fault - same
fuel pump purges for 5 or so seconds then stops, tried starting - same
checked for fuel being sent to filter - yes
thumped tank in case pump blocked - yes
disconnected l /h fuel line and cranked - diesel pumped out from filter
rac said immobiliser had kicked in , but it then started!!!!(haha at you ), I turned it off to see if it would start again - no.
sounds like air lock - any other suggestions gratefully accepted as im out of ideas , thanks all

Joker
check there is no air getting in the diesel filter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks trustme ,
im going for the lift pump in the tank as iv look all over for a priming bulb and cant anything that even resembles one.
The pump can be heard priming for 5sec or so and then I cant hear it run as I try and start, and tbh iv no even tried to listen for the pump when it was running .

Joker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update....

Got the old girl running with some 'easy start' , not ideal but effective -running lumpy and sounding like it was misfiring , got lovely water leak now too.
Had to keep revs up to keep her going but finally got her down to 1000rpm where she was hunting and then stalled .
Any ideas pls guys? All suggestions gratefully received.

Joker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi wynb, iv got that on the list to check when im off friday - hopefully it is something that cheap and simple.
Thanks for the input

Joker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I All ,
bled the fuel system up to the injectors with mrs jokers help ,and ,,,,same.
took the fuel filter off and it was rank , replaced filter and the housing leaked like buggery , replaced the seal , started to purge the system and a 4way connector popped and coated the engine and me in diesel.
Gotta wait til 830 tomorrow for Peugeot to open to get a replacement 4way connector then see what smeg else is wrong with this bloody car.
Additional -
got coolant leak and an a/c leak - watch the skies.....might just torch the car

:mad: (not-so) Joker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update 16th july

Update.
New filter and seal, new 4way fuel connector (the one that peugeot say isnt there).
Iv bled the fuel system, got 8.3v at each injector, new battery (killed the old one).
Still no start up- cranks over but no start.
Any ideas are REALLY welcome please.
Thanks guys.

Joker

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Broken rockers is a possibility you say it started with easy start and runs rough I recon you are looking in the wrong place its not fuel its lack of air due to broken rockers

No bleeding is needed on HDI engines they purge themselves you should have 80 volts at injectors not 8 !!

Engine code would help

Live data using planet to see fuel pressure and cam and crank sync will tel you more

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi reliable406 ,
iv had no engine fault code , but i did have one saying glow plug fault, but nothing else, as for live planet - im lost there.
iv got an auto sparks looking at it on thursday , the 8v was with just the ignition on and not cranking voltage-didnt think about cranking voltage till you said that , im off work on tuesday so il check cranking voltage and get back to you.
Thanks for the input reliable - much appreciated.

Joker

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
I did not say fault code I said engine code your car could have 2 different diesel engines !

You need to plug it into planet and get live data readings to see what the ecu is seeing it needs to see various things before it allows starting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts