Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had 2yrs trouble free motoring from my 51 plate bus but the management light has just come on, fault code is p0220, could this be the earth mod problem i've read about or do i need to change my throttle sensor?? and if so where is it...
Many thanks :)

Stu

·
Registered
492 Posts
P0220
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Malfunction(EDC15C2-Track 1)

If you fitted a secondhand tps and the fault clears then you know its the sensor.
If this does not sort it then its worth checking the earths...As you have said yourself maybe upgrade the see if it helps...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right checked and cleaned all the plus and connections and still got the fault, cant find part number on the sensor can anyone give me a clue to the part number please???

D

·
0 Posts
This could also be a main wiring loom problem. The 406 has this problem. I have fitted two main engine bay looms in 406s with this fault.
There is a procedure to fit supressed cables between the throttle and the ecu as a stop gap.
But it could also be the throttle sensor. but rare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This could also be a main wiring loom problem. The 406 has this problem. I have fitted two main engine bay looms in 406s with this fault.
There is a procedure to fit supressed cables between the throttle and the ecu as a stop gap.
But it could also be the throttle sensor. but rare.
could you point me in the direction of where the earth wire mod needs to be made?? i have heard about it but havent been able to find the technical info on how and where it is...
My local motor factors just quoted me £109 +vat for the TPS!!:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
You have to earth two wires on the airflow meter. I'll need to dig it out. Haven't done one in ages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts