Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ulysses 2.0 petrol and a 806 1.9 diesel, I bought the petrol one and like it so much (barring the economy) that I had to find a diesel version and got the 806...

Its had a hard life and spent I think all of it as a minicab/taxi... it says 177'000 miles but no way on earth is that half right....

the gear lever is exceptionally sloppy, the carpet is worn with holes, the rear seats are a bit bent and twisted, its a real worn out thing..

Underneath its been treated and the chassis is like its only a few years old!

So, with a solid shell, I want to make it drive lie new again, problem is, the engine smokes so much the neighbors point at it and run inside for oxygen...

So it looks/smells like the piston rings are non existant, it takes a while to start sometimes too.

when hot the smoke goes away, but even then I can smell burning engine oil, it has a distinctive acidic smell as it burns and stings the eyes...

How hard is getting the engine out? I'm quite proficient but also getting a bit older now so humping engines about with ropes and trolley jacks is a bit of a chore.

What engines can I replace it with? anything more modern and better economy, economy is more important than speed or power...

I paid virtually nothing for this van, so I dont mind spending money to make it worth keeping for like 4-5 years etc, and i have really liked driving this shape/style of vehicle, so i wont be giving up on it easily.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
1. Please take the time to post an introduction. We've recently had a large influx of people signing up just for help, not contributing anything back or even saying thanks. So the regulars are getting a bit fed up and might not reply.

2. Please state where you are located.

3. Go back to the Peugeot Forums page and type your introduction into the following section:
Introductions - Peugeot Forums

4. As for your smokey engine. I suggest the following which I put into mine and cured it. Make sure you have less than a 1/4 tank of diesel. Forte Diesel Treatment. I bought five bottles off ebay and have only used two. Pour contents into fuel tank. Take it for a drive or rev it on the road. The stuff that comes out of the exhaust you dont want on your drive.

Forte Diesel Treatment 400ml - No.1 for MOT's | eBay

If its burning oil as you say. You may have worn piston rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts