Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I broke my own personal record yesterday for the most miles on a tankful and got it to go 720 miles. I have had a whole week where nearly all of my driving has been on motorways and dual carriageways with long spells at 60-65mph and only a brief trip into North London. Importantly there were no traffic jams.

The car averaged about 48 to the gallon and took 68 litres to refill brim to brim. The Fuel light had been on for about an hour when I chickened out and refilled the car. The fuel computer seems to agree with my own computation and is showing 48 mpg as well. I normally get about 650 miles out of a tank as I usually top up before the light comes on.

I am very pleased with that, given the size of the car. It is a 115hp 1.6 diesel Spacetourer 8 seater with the 6 speed manual box. :thumb:

Not quite as good as my Skoda Superb though where I have gone over 850 miles on a tank a couple of times, but 720 is great for an MPV.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't done a brim to brim test mpg since back in January, so this week I thought I would see what I could do. I had a lucky week with only long motorway journeys and only a couple of traffic jams.

730 miles on a tank (my new record)
70.1 litres to refill
47.3 mpg

As we have discussed before, the fuel tank holds a good bit more than the 69 litres shown in the spec. I suspect mine is closer to 73 or 74 litres as the fuel light had only been on for 20 miles or so before I refuelled. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Miles per tank is only usefull when comparing the same model.

I regularly got over 500 miles from a tank in my 308 but get just over 400 in my 2008.

The 308 held 60 litres while the 2008 takes just 50 litres. Even if they got the same MPG the 308 would still get more miles per tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts