Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've got an '05 2.0 hdi SW X-Line. Someone has decided to hit the passenger side mirror off while the wife was using the car. I'm not home until Friday night so was planning on getting a replacement mirror off ebay (spit!) and hopefully I can get the job done over the weekend before I get off to work again Sunday evening. Looking on ebay it seems there are 7 wire and 8 wire mirrors available. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 7 and 8 wire mirrors - apart from 1 wire :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi All

I've got an '05 2.0 hdi SW X-Line. Someone has decided to hit the passenger side mirror off while the wife was using the car. I'm not home until Friday night so was planning on getting a replacement mirror off ebay (spit!) and hopefully I can get the job done over the weekend before I get off to work again Sunday evening. Looking on ebay it seems there are 7 wire and 8 wire mirrors available. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 7 and 8 wire mirrors - apart from 1 wire :D
External temperature sensor? (thermistor, ie temperature dependent resistor, with other end connected to ground) requires 1 additional wire.

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
Temp sensor would probably be 2 wires but i think most cars have the temp sensor may be 1 wire on newer cars with common earth it could also be the extra wire is for the tilt function some have when reversing

Adjust motor needs 3 wires
Power fold 2 wires
Heater element 2 wires

So theres 7 so its either temp sensor or tilt function :)

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
I would expect the plug to be the same and the standard wiring to locate in the same pins the plug may well have more than 8 locations to cater for all options so most likely it will just plug in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts