Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I’m new to the forum and I am looking for a bit of help or advice. I ordered a new Peugeot Traveller Allure Automatic on the 25th Of May and when I placed my order and paid quite a significant deposit I was told it would take 12-16 weeks for delivery. I was then contacted by the dealer to say that the factory closes for the whole month of August so it would be September before production. September came and went and no car. I was then told it would be October, October has passed and still no car. He then emailed me yesterday to say that due to “Unprecedented Demand” production has now been put back until December which means it will be next year before I’m going to get it. Personally I am now completely fed up and I’m ready to throw the towel in and tell them to stuff their Traveller and give me my money back. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this problem and if so have you any advice on what I could do to speed up the process. I have been in contact with Peugeot customer care and to be honest they have been as much as useless. I’ve got to the end of my tether now. No one should have to wait Eight months to get their new car. I think the service Peugeot have given me is terrible and it’s not a great advert for the brand.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Garfield,

welcome to the forum.

There are many on here, especially 3008 owners who have had to wait a very long time for their cars. 8 months is crazy. They will feel your pain!!

I note on the configurator they estimate 29 weeks:eek:

I ordered the Traveller Allure Auto Standard 180 back in the start of February and got it delivered at the end of July, almost 6 months.
There are some of these available on the second hand market with very little miles. X demo's most of them. There's one near me, fully loaded with little miles for £34k. An £8k saving on new!
I think they can't sell them at that spec because of the VED at £500 a year and people are probably going to go for a proven car like the VW Transporter/Caravel or Merc Vito. These are in the same price bracket.

As for the Traveller, I am just thrilled with it. It's really quiet, easy to drive. I love it!!
Only 2 problems, I've found. The MPG is nowhere near what Pug quote (47mpg). I'm averaging 38mpg over the 11k miles I've done.
Front tyre wear is quite high. I'm estimating 14-15k miles at the rate of wear I'm getting now.

Ultimately, it will be worth the wait. And it will be nice for me to have a fellow Traveller owner on here:nod:

Regards,

Grumpy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peugeot traveller delay s

Hi men , another new member here ,thought I would Join the forum to give you my experience so far as a wannabe traveller owner !
I did my research back in August this year.found a great deal online with a broker for a lease. Visited my local main dealer for a test drive and to see what kind of deals they could offer . Drove the basic business traveller model because that's all they had for a demo rather than the allure spec manual which was what I was after. Liked how it drove a lot though. The dealer could nt match the offer I had found even though it was coming via peugeot finance anyway . But as a cash price after not much haggling they offered me the allure spec traveller 8 seats manual 150 hp for just under 29k! Being around 10k off list price I thought this was a great deal although they did say delivery would be March 18. After being offered that price I hunted around online and managed to get a lower price from drive the deal of 27.4k on the road !
Now this appears to be strange with the prices for used models quoted by Mr grumpy in the previous post which I too have come across on the autotrader website. But why would you want to spend 34 or 35 k on a used model when you can get brand new for well under 30k !.some serious depreciation type sums going on there !.
In the end u decide to go with my original lease deal I found so I ordered at the end of august with a 12 weeks delivery window. They contacted me this week stating the vehicle would be in country at the end of November with a delivery to me in early December as originally quoted .so still on target so far .! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh! !

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am in the same boat with a Citroen Spacetourer which is essentially the same vehicle. Ordered at the end of May, delivery has been put back twice due to alleged production problems at the factory. The latest from the supplier is that I 'might' get it in January. Then I read this week elsewhere, that others on the waiting list have had another 8 weeks added to their delivery dates in the last few days.......... I am awaiting with trepedation another call from my supplier any time soon.....sigh

Oh, and the spec has changed slightly since my original order. On the Citroen the opening hatchback glass is now an option as is the parcel shelf

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Crowsnest & Yobbo,

welcome to the forum:thumb:

I thought I was going to be "Billy no mates" (as the despicable Mod Beau called me) on here. I'll look forward to further discussion with you guys when you both take delivery. Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait!

Grumpy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Aye, I will be hanging around a bit as there is no established forum for the Citroen spacetourer. Ben Hopkins on you tube has quite a following for the Traveller and also has his own ownership blog. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hello Everyone

I’m new to the forum and I am looking for a bit of help or advice. I ordered a new Peugeot Traveller Allure Automatic on the 25th Of May and when I placed my order and paid quite a significant deposit I was told it would take 12-16 weeks for delivery. I was then contacted by the dealer to say that the factory closes for the whole month of August so it would be September before production. September came and went and no car. I was then told it would be October, October has passed and still no car. He then emailed me yesterday to say that due to “Unprecedented Demand” production has now been put back until December which means it will be next year before I’m going to get it. Personally I am now completely fed up and I’m ready to throw the towel in and tell them to stuff their Traveller and give me my money back. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this problem and if so have you any advice on what I could do to speed up the process. I have been in contact with Peugeot customer care and to be honest they have been as much as useless. I’ve got to the end of my tether now. No one should have to wait Eight months to get their new car. I think the service Peugeot have given me is terrible and it’s not a great advert for the brand.
Hi garfield,

any news on your new Traveler?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot Traveller

I ordered a Peugeot Traveller in August, I was surprised at the long lead time, I was told long back order very popular Blaa blah, but it would arrive and be delivered around 3rd DEC. On 27th NOV, I had an email to say delayed until, " next year ", (2018). The lease company gave no information, they gave me a number and email at Peugeot, I did all the chasing and I am still waiting and still have no information on when the vehicle will arrive.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Caspe,

Welcome to the forum:)

Where are you in the world?

I'm not sure they're popular in the UK to be honest. I don't see any of them anywhere other than on dealers forecourts. Probably due to cost and now lead times that are ridiculous!

I can tell you the wait will be worth it. I'm very happy with mine, no issues other than silly niggely things that one gets with all new cars. Nothing major at all!

These are made on the same line as the vans so I think they are waiting to get a lot of orders for a run of Travellers in the factory. I don't think they would do a few Travellers in among the vans.

Grumpy

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Citroen Spacetourer is finally due very soon, after nearly 9 months on order. I know that it is in the UK and I have a reg. number but no delivery date.

I have been reading the French Forums and they are equally frustrated at the delays being encountered for the Peugeot and Citroen cars. XS and XL models appear to be the ones that have the longest delay but medium length cars appear to be a bit quicker provided not too many options are ordered. I apparently ordered some options that led to an extended delivery.

From what I read from the hundreds of posts on the French forums, the good bits and the not so good based upon owner feedback can be summarised as follows;

The Good -
Excellent ride and noise suppression
Internal Space and seat practicality
The car seems reliable
Good screen driven technology
Early signs are that it is vastly better than the previous model

The less good -
The electric sliding doors can be troublesome
Limited roof rack mounts, even on some work van models
The small door mirrors
Low geared steering that lacks feel
The Webasto diesel powered heaters (fitted as standard on the best models) are making loud popping & clicking noises after shutdown
Not enough dashboard storage for sunglasses, phones and other small stuff
Optional Xenon Headlamps are low spec and not much more powerful than Halogens
Some grumbles about mpg

Now I know what to expect I can be prepared. I know already that I won't like the tyres that it comes with so will change them almost immediately.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
My Citroen Spacetourer is finally due very soon, after nearly 9 months on order. I know that it is in the UK and I have a reg. number but no delivery date.

I have been reading the French Forums and they are equally frustrated at the delays being encountered for the Peugeot and Citroen cars. XS and XL models appear to be the ones that have the longest delay but medium length cars appear to be a bit quicker provided not too many options are ordered. I apparently ordered some options that led to an extended delivery.

From what I read from the hundreds of posts on the French forums, the good bits and the not so good based upon owner feedback can be summarised as follows;

The Good -
Excellent ride and noise suppression (AGREE)
Internal Space and seat practicality (AGREE)
The car seems reliable (AGREE)
Good screen driven technology (AGREE)
Early signs are that it is vastly better than the previous model(AGREE)

The less good -
The electric sliding doors can be troublesome (I'VE HAD NO ISSUES) (ELEC DOORS ONLY ON UPPER RANGE)
Limited roof rack mounts, even on some work van models (NOT APPLICABLE)
The small door mirrors (MINE ARE QUITE LARGE)
Low geared steering that lacks feel (NO ISSUES WITH MINE)
The Webasto diesel powered heaters (fitted as standard on the best models) are making loud popping & clicking noises after shutdown (NOT NOTICED)
Not enough dashboard storage for sunglasses, phones and other small stuff (AGREE)
Optional Xenon Headlamps are low spec and not much more powerful than Halogens
Grumbles about MPG (This is a big big issue. Book says 47mpg extra urban, mine does 37mpg)

Now I know what to expect I can be prepared. I know already that I won't like the tyres that it comes with so will change them almost immediately.
What tyres do you think you'll get?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Grumpy, my MPV's have always had either all season or non-studded winter tyres fitted as I visit Scotland and the North Pennines a few times a year and its often snowy. I need a tyre where I know I can get up or down a steep hill safely when the white stuff is about.

Most of the mid and upper range Travellers & Spacetourers are now being supplied with 17 inch 225/55x17 Michelin Primacy 3's which won't be fabulous in winter so I will initially swap these for a 3 peak Mountain snowflake rated all-season tyre either by Goodyear or Continental. If they don't work out, I will buy a separate set of Winters and rims at the end of 2018. I am fussy about tyres.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Grumpy, my MPV's have always had either all season or non-studded winter tyres fitted as I visit Scotland and the North Pennines a few times a year and its often snowy. I need a tyre where I know I can get up or down a steep hill safely when the white stuff is about.

Most of the mid and upper range Travellers & Spacetourers are now being supplied with 17 inch 225/55x17 Michelin Primacy 3's which won't be fabulous in winter so I will initially swap these for a 3 peak Mountain snowflake rated all-season tyre either by Goodyear or Continental. If they don't work out, I will buy a separate set of Winters and rims at the end of 2018. I am fussy about tyres.
That's what came on my traveler.

I subsequently changed them for Michelin CrossClimate+ and I have to say I'm so so pleased with them. I've yet to see how they perform in the summer but going by the reviews, they should be OK.
These have been developed using summer tyres as the base rather than the other way round.
I admit we haven't had a lot of snow here but we've had ice and stuff and I'm very pleased. Very very quiet too!

Hi Had some Goodyear 4 seasons on a different car last year and didn't rate them on dry roads at all. Not as good in the wet either as far as I can see.

If you have a reg number then you should have delivery within 2 weeks of receiving it. A car cannot be registered in the UK unless it's actually in the country.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like you have similar concerns about winter grip to myself. The Cross climate plus is also on my list to look at.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Citroen Spacetourer arrived today. Everything seems intact and all the options that I ordered are there. It also came with Folding mirrors that the car shouldn't in theory have, but I won't be complaining. The radio (which seems overly complex) also differs from brochure spec as it has DAB/FM/MW and LW whereas the brochure suggests DAB & FM only. Oh, and I also got the rear parcel shelf, which is an £80 option that I didn't order.

Its such a shame that I had such a long wait. I will add a separate first impressions thread once I have done a few miles. As I drive about 150 miles a day you won't have long to wait.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Well done Yobbo!

I trust you'll have great fun discovering everything there is to know about your new baby.

Although mine is a Peugeot please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I'm 7 months in now and am still loving it!:thumb:

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts