Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it a couple of times now when cruising along at about 60mph. All the power goes and the car judders and it feels like it's being strangled. It clears itself and behaves fine again for weeks afterwards.

Any ideas before I send it back to the dealer voicing my displeasure?

D

·
0 Posts
Had it a couple of times now when cruising along at about 60mph. All the power goes and the car judders and it feels like it's being strangled. It clears itself and behaves fine again for weeks afterwards.

Any ideas before I send it back to the dealer voicing my displeasure?
We'd love to know what engine:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh what a twonk it's a 1.6 turbo diesel, I beleive it's the same engine as used in the Ford Fiesta and Focus.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

I have a 207 1.6HDi Sportium and last week it did exactly what you describe. I was on the M5 and the car suddenly lost power and was gradually slowing down with the engine rough running. After a few minutes I was down to 40 mph and then suddenly the engine recovered and I was on my way again. It's only happened the once. I did fill the car with fuel about 20 miles before the problem happened and wondered whether there may have been some water in the diesel I was sold. There was no error or anything showing on the dash of the car. I'd be interested to know if you get to the bottom of the problem you've had in case I have the same !

D

·
0 Posts
Could have been doing a dpf regeneration. Did the exhaust note change?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I couldn't tell to be honest because the engine was coughing and spluttering at the time as if it had no fuel coming through. Whatever it was it was dangerous being down to 40mph all of a sudden on a motorway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts