Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 607 and can't put the in-built mobile phone unit working... I tried Vodaphone simcards and Three simcards, and it always displays an error message saying the simcard is not inserted or not inserted properly, but there is only one way of inserting the simcard...

I took the car to a Peugeot Service Center and their solution is to replace the whole mobile-phone unit, which includes the car radio and navigation, and just the unit itself costs £1500, so that's not a good idea...

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Is it possible/necessary to reset the mobile phone so it accepts all simcards? Is the mobile phone locked to a specific network or tied to a specific simcard?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sorry to hear that mate..

Im the same atleast mine works fine with the O2 simcard.. it wouldnt take any other simcards... try resetting it the phone.. you can do that by going in the settings and then reset..

If you have a faulty unit, try some breakers and just replace the head unit..

Peugeot support for 607 in UK is p***h.. The dealers know fu**ll...

I hope it works ok.. let me know how you get on..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scotcruz,

Thanks for your reply. The settings menu doesn't have an option to reset the phone... actually, some of the options are always greyed out and cannot be selected. Is there a way of resetting the whole software so it goes back to how it was when the car was new?

And, yeah, the Peugeot technical support is rubish, I got through to them on the phone and after I described the issue with the car's mobile phone, they just hanged up the phone without even saying a word :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hiya mr_dude, first time on here mate, i had same problem with my 607 2.2hdi. what i did was, was clean the slot out with a vac and a thin paint brush to clear out any dust or *** ash, that did work for a bit but still had a problem, i then used a thin nail file or emery board to clean the contacts for the sim, ive had no problem since. Do be careful though and dont go overboard with the file just a couple of in and outs should do it. Hope this works for you. Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys,

Just saw this thread, may seem a silly question, but how does one enter the simm card into the slot, it looks alot bigger?

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 607 and can't put the in-built mobile phone unit working... I tried Vodaphone simcards and Three simcards, and it always displays an error message saying the simcard is not inserted or not inserted properly, but there is only one way of inserting the simcard...

I took the car to a Peugeot Service Center and their solution is to replace the whole mobile-phone unit, which includes the car radio and navigation, and just the unit itself costs £1500, so that's not a good idea...

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Is it possible/necessary to reset the mobile phone so it accepts all simcards? Is the mobile phone locked to a specific network or tied to a specific simcard?

Thanks!
Pretty certain you can change which network with pp 2000
mine does the same for a while then will pick up network and ok for a while cleaning slot is a good idea
chesterman rt2 takes full size sim (ie credit card size) rt 3 takes phone size sim
don

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pretty certain you can change which network with pp 2000
mine does the same for a while then will pick up networkand ok for a while cleaning slot is a good idea
don
Don

I have just bought a 607 with the phone option

How does the sim card fit in the slot? Does it use an adapter of some sort or do you simply put the full size sim card in the slot, rather than taking it out of the card as its delivered attached to when you first receive them new? Not describing this very well sorry !

·
Registered
68 Posts
do you know if it has a rt2 or rt3 radio
don
Don

Thanks mate, mine is the RT2

Just tried an old full size sim in it and it seems to work ok, just comes up with an error saying no GSM network, so i assume its just a bad signal

Does come up with French warnings though on the actual screen where the sim card goes in ???

Cheers:thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don

Thanks mate, mine is the RT2

Just tried an old full size sim in it and it seems to work ok, just comes up with an error saying no GSM network, so i assume its just a bad signal

Does come up with French warnings though on the actual screen where the sim card goes in ???

Cheers:thumb:
you can change that in the settings menu on phone
Don

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cheers Don

Do you mean via the colour display ?? It seems to be greyed out and i cant enter it ??

I think the guy who started this thread had the same problem ? Any ideas?

in phone mode press button k to got to menus
Don

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
in phone mode press button k to got to menus
Don
Cheers Don, found it ! :thumb:

Been investigating it all afternoon, i have fond mine only seems to work if i use an o2 sim card, and it works great, but if i try an Orange or Vodafone sim, it cant find the gsm network, its constantly searching !

Could it be locked to o2 or something ??

Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
i think mine will use 02 and voda but i have been messing with it with pp2000 so i might have unlocked it
Don

·
Registered
119 Posts
mine works with a Voda SIM okay (well 95% of the time)

As far as I know the RT2 is 900MHz only which means only Voda and O2 because Orange and T-Mobile are 1800Mhz. I have no idea what a 3 SIM will do because I can't remember who provides their GSM fallback if 3G fails.

Mine sometime refuses to connect to the network for no apparent reason and when this happens seems to need a complete ignition off/on to get it to work again. Even then it sometimes won't work, end then suddenly it's fine for weeks on end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts