Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Bit new here so bear with me. Ok, so i've taken the plunge and bought another pug(something i wasn't going to do after disaster with my last 206). Its a 2001 607 2.2Hdi with all the toys which is fab,(BMW drivers are missing out on so much)however, it has a rattle from the front left of the engine, at around 900rpm-1500rpm. I believe this might be the Crank pulley as i've come across this before on 2.0Hdi engines. Is this the same problem on the 2.2Hdis??
Also, i have a rattle from front Near side when hitting bumps in road. Is this likely to be N/S/F anti roll bar links??
Finally, Airbag warning comes on immediately the key is turned, and stays on till switched off. Is there anyway to reset this and is it likely to be the seat belt module in the B pillar?(i heard these can cause issues if doors been slammed.
Apart from that, i'm over the moon with it. Luxury motoring for runabout money...even the climate works well.
Did the 2001 607's come with the low tyre pressure warning system?? Just wondered as nothing seems to be in my onboard computer relating to tyre pressure.
Many thanks all.:thumb:

G

·
Could be the bottom pulley. Pug advise they be replaced at the same time as the cambelt, but many don't bother cos of the expense. Get it looked at soonest cos if it is that it can do damage if it fails totally.

Yup, an ARB link is a likely culprit. You need to get it in the air to be sure, but if it is the ARB link its an easy and cheap fix. The front suspension is fairly conventional, so shouldn't hold many surprises.

Aye lad, could be. You need to get it plugged into Planet to be sure. It might even be something simple, such as a pretensioner connector under one of the seats.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
seanr68 said:
Hi all.
Bit new here so bear with me. Ok, so i've taken the plunge and bought another pug(something i wasn't going to do after disaster with my last 206). Its a 2001 607 2.2Hdi with all the toys which is fab,(BMW drivers are missing out on so much)however, it has a rattle from the front left of the engine, at around 900rpm-1500rpm. I believe this might be the Crank pulley as i've come across this before on 2.0Hdi engines. Is this the same problem on the 2.2Hdis??
Also, i have a rattle from front Near side when hitting bumps in road. Is this likely to be N/S/F anti roll bar links??
Finally, Airbag warning comes on immediately the key is turned, and stays on till switched off. Is there anyway to reset this and is it likely to be the seat belt module in the B pillar?(i heard these can cause issues if doors been slammed.
Apart from that, i'm over the moon with it. Luxury motoring for runabout money...even the climate works well.
Did the 2001 607's come with the low tyre pressure warning system?? Just wondered as nothing seems to be in my onboard computer relating to tyre pressure.
Many thanks all.:thumb:
as chopper said, the bottom pulley needs replacing,, 9/10 this is the cause, other times its the retention pulleys...

get the tyre sensors disabled via PP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts