Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have just recently bought a 607hdi 2002. My front passenegr window all of a sudden collapsed, you can hear the switch, but the window dont go up??

i need help step by step on how to take off the trim and the side cover????

ive been reading other posts but didnt understand what you wanted?? help me please?

regards adam

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
adam_3579 said:
Hi guys i have just recently bought a 607hdi 2002. My front passenegr window all of a sudden collapsed, you can hear the switch, but the window dont go up??

i need help step by step on how to take off the trim and the side cover????

ive been reading other posts but didnt understand what you wanted?? help me please?

regards adam
Adam did you manage to get it mate??

if not, dont worry, its easy..

first take the wee plastic trim off the pull handle, then take the door switch off..

then take the door card off...

now the tricky bit is taking the rivet off from the black plastic door pull.. you would need to drill this out.. once this is off, it give you access to the screw for the regulator on the top. The one on the bottom is easily accesible..

its a common fault as water gets into the regulater cable, siezes it and the collapses.. the regular is fine but the cable breaks which cant be replaced so its gonna have to be a whole replacement part..

let me know if you need any help..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,
Have the same problem on my 607. Peugeot want £300 for repair and say the regulator is £200. I have looked on ebay and it seems that pattern parts are available from Germany or Turkey for £35-£50 does anyone know if these parts are reliable.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
colspur66 said:
Hi Guys,
Have the same problem on my 607. Peugeot want £300 for repair and say the regulator is £200. I have looked on ebay and it seems that pattern parts are available from Germany or Turkey for £35-£50 does anyone know if these parts are reliable.
Thanks
why do you want to buy from Germany??? there are many 607 being salvage on ebay.. contact one of them upto £50 is reasonable price.. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scotcruz said:
why do you want to buy from Germany??? there are many 607 being salvage on ebay.. contact one of them upto £50 is reasonable price.. :thumb:
I would just prefer to buy new rather than from a breakers thats all. Once I've got the parts is it a difficult job to do?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
colspur66 said:
I would just prefer to buy new rather than from a breakers thats all. Once I've got the parts is it a difficult job to do?
Fair enough... its fairly easy... only thing pisses me off is the rivet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I have similar problem. How do I get the door card off on the passanger side? I can't find any screws, is it just to break it off? If that's the case, were is it best to start, is it attached in many places?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
karlqvist said:
Hi

I have similar problem. How do I get the door card off on the passanger side? I can't find any screws, is it just to break it off? If that's the case, were is it best to start, is it attached in many places?

Cheers
you need to take the trim off near the handle first.. which will give you access to a screw....

then the door card simply unclips..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, I have been checking through some posts and came across your one. I have exactly the same problem and was wondering if you managed to get the repair kit from germany. If you did how easy was it to fit?

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dave

Can't really help, as I've been too busy (lazy) to do anything about it. I have the air con on all the time so the only time its really a problem is going thro the Mcdonalds drive thru. :))

·
Registered
78 Posts
If thats the case I'll let you know how I get on. I'm going to try the repair kit from germany.
I've had to wedge up the window & its a pain in the A*** (especially at the drive through).
I note that there are a few 607's being broken on E bay but all the regulators have been sold. I suppose it is a commomn problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you need to take the trim off near the handle first.. which will give you access to a screw....

then the door card simply unclips..
That was the easy bit!
Removing the rivet took a bit of time and taking the glass out all the bits out were time consuming.
I went to our local Peugeot dealer and they wanted over AUD$1000 to supply and refit. Knowing the parts manager I bought the new window motor complete at trade price and took it to a local workshop who refitted everything in by lunch time for AUD$100 the parts AU$300.
If I had smaller more nimble fingers and patience I would have had a go at fitting it myself but for $100 ( GBP 60 ) it was a bargain.

·
Registered
78 Posts
607 Window regulator Repair Kit

I messaged earlier about the O/S/F window on my 607, it dropped and wouldn't go up.
Main dealer wants £278 + VAT @20% just for the part.
All the 607's on Ebay don't have the regulators on them so I hunted through for a repair kit.
Found one from a Company on Ebay for around £50.

The kit arrived and all the parts were of equal quality to the original. It took some time to remove the old regulator but its not hard. The kit comes with a link to a silent U-Tube video showing exactly how to put the kit together. Follow this carefully and hey presto one repaired window regulator.

Having greased the cables and runners then fitted it back in the car it works great.

The whole job took 2 & 1/2 hours. The only difficulty was towards the end of the assembly when an extra pair of hands was needed to compress the 2 springs while locating the cable drum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2004 607 window.

My NSF regulator failed and I paid a decent independent garage £314 (parts, labour, VAT) to have it replaced with a non Peugeot part.

It seems that one of the the regulator clips that hold the (double thickness) glass to the regulator mechanism somehow decided to let go of the glass.

The glass did not break fortunately but for reasons that I cannot recall the glass had to be bonded to the new clips.

The annoying thing is that this is a relatively unused window (compared to the drivers side)

I have the old part, is there anything of value I could sell (e.g the motor) ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both Mine have gone....

In the last 2 months both of my front windows have dropped and it has cost me £570 in total to have replacement regulators(not Pug Parts) put in.

The motors are still functional.

I anyone wants them, please let me know and I can sell at a smallish cost.

2004 607 2.2 Hdi SE Auto

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.