Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just after some info....

My 607 has tyre pressure sensors on the wheels.

I was wondering if any of you guys take your wheels to have new tyres at Peugeot as the manual suggests?

I'm guessing not, but should I warn my tyre guys before they start taking the tyres on/off the wheels? - Any advice?

Cheers

Tris

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi Tris,

its not necessary that you take it to the dealers, the manuals suggestions = rip off..

buy your tyres online.. far more cheaper at blackcircles or mytyres

afa the sensors are concerned.. you can get them fitted anywhere as long as they are not far far away from the car for a long time..

PS. the sensor pairing is deleted once the car is driven.. ie if you start the car without the wheel with the sensor on, it detects it and gives you are warning.. so if you are simply changing the wheel you are sorted.. if however it sometimes says that the sensor is missing.. its a 10 sec job on the PSA system but they would like to charge you £60 (1 hrs labour) for this privilege and depending on the garage you go to, (if they havent met thier parts sales targets) they would suggest you to replace the sensors..

personally, I have switched all my sensors off.. they are waste of time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
tyre pressure sensors

Hi there

I've got the warning light on allthe time, advising that one sensor is missing and Peugeot quoted me £120 + Vat :nono:
How did you turn your sensors off?????????

thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
ak607.. the sensors are a pain in the a*se... only last for 2 years if you are lucky.. imo they are not worth it..

I got it switched off with a PSA diag system.. This can be done at any Peugeot dealer.. when it is in next time for something.. just ask them to switch it off as they would be charging you an hours labour anyway.,.

good luck.. any help just let me know..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one matey, thanks for info.

I usually use blackcircles for an idea on price. Luckily I know someone in the tyre that biz that usually takes care of me ;) :D

Tris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts