Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I
need some help, my friend is selling a Peugeot 607 SE 2.2 16V (2001), with 55000 miles for £ 1850, but the car is showing a warning sign ASR/ESP faulty on the dash panel and the ESP switch is flashing, also the passenger electric mirror can be operated from the driver control console and the passenger electric window has some fault that the mechanism doesn't let you close it once it's opened. Would you buy this car? Do you reckon it will cost me a lot to fix these problems? Please help I’m so confuse. What do you think about this car?

Many thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know i could expect much more from that price, but would you buy it? I meant, is this a good car in terms of engine and reliability?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
As an owner of a 2001 607 I just want to advise you to never ever ever but one of these machines they will bbreak your heart again and again and again i cant ever begin to list the problems I've had with mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
trust me mate! I know there a lovely car and there is a certain pleasure to owning one but there just not worth it. Here is a post I left on another peugeot website outlining my problems and since then the Traction control had gone the motor for the light levelers has gone. there just not worth it!

Hi There,

I was wondering is anyone can share some knowledge about chaging the plugs on a V6 607. the front three are fine but the back three seem inpossible to get at.

Anyway a little about my life with the 607(2001) 3.0v6 SE Auto with most extras including sunroof and phone built in(only thing I dont have is the colour display or sat nav)

I have the car 2 years now and loved it at first, then I became a Taxi driver in Ireland last march and the car isn't quite up to the job!!

everything that has gone wrong with the car in the past two years:
Coils needed replacing on spark plugs luckily the warranty cover this!

Window regulators went on 3 windows all replaced under warranty but two have gone since the warranty was up and now the windows need a helping hand going up!

mirrors open only when they feel like doing so!

Hid bulb blew 180Euro from the main dealer I got one second hand luckily enough! P.S there easy to fit and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Radiator cracked right across the top about 400 for a new one( I got it rebuilt)

Auto Gearbox stopped working! Peugeot wouldn't even bother getting me a price for one! I was lucky enough to get a second hand one.

Has gone through about 6 sets of brake pads( brembo system) very hard to get non original ones although if you would like the Quintin hasel part number just ask! I dont use them I use originals at 135.00euro a pop because they dont squeek as much.

have gone through lots of tyres 180.00euros east for originals( Pirelli P7's)

drop links needed changing

Lower ball joint gone at the moment( any help on how to fit these would be great my service guide says they take 3.5 hours each side to change.

track rod end needed replacing.

Knocking in suspension which isn't related to any of the above whilst car goes over bump and turning at same time.

Airbag light constanly on.

esp/asr or whatever light come on every once in a while

The list goes on and on and on. Im sure I'll think of another few things later!

But for some strange reason I dont want to get rid of my lovely big comfy peugeot surely everything that could go wrong has gone wrong...Right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Iamtony said:
trust me mate! I know there a lovely car and there is a certain pleasure to owning one but there just not worth it. Here is a post I left on another peugeot website outlining my problems and since then the Traction control had gone the motor for the light levelers has gone. there just not worth it!

Hi There,

I was wondering is anyone can share some knowledge about chaging the plugs on a V6 607. the front three are fine but the back three seem inpossible to get at.

Anyway a little about my life with the 607(2001) 3.0v6 SE Auto with most extras including sunroof and phone built in(only thing I dont have is the colour display or sat nav)

I have the car 2 years now and loved it at first, then I became a Taxi driver in Ireland last march and the car isn't quite up to the job!!

everything that has gone wrong with the car in the past two years:
Coils needed replacing on spark plugs luckily the warranty cover this!

Window regulators went on 3 windows all replaced under warranty but two have gone since the warranty was up and now the windows need a helping hand going up!

mirrors open only when they feel like doing so!

Hid bulb blew 180Euro from the main dealer I got one second hand luckily enough! P.S there easy to fit and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Radiator cracked right across the top about 400 for a new one( I got it rebuilt)

Auto Gearbox stopped working! Peugeot wouldn't even bother getting me a price for one! I was lucky enough to get a second hand one.

Has gone through about 6 sets of brake pads( brembo system) very hard to get non original ones although if you would like the Quintin hasel part number just ask! I dont use them I use originals at 135.00euro a pop because they dont squeek as much.

have gone through lots of tyres 180.00euros east for originals( Pirelli P7's)

drop links needed changing

Lower ball joint gone at the moment( any help on how to fit these would be great my service guide says they take 3.5 hours each side to change.

track rod end needed replacing.

Knocking in suspension which isn't related to any of the above whilst car goes over bump and turning at same time.

Airbag light constanly on.

esp/asr or whatever light come on every once in a while

The list goes on and on and on. Im sure I'll think of another few things later!

But for some strange reason I dont want to get rid of my lovely big comfy peugeot surely everything that could go wrong has gone wrong...Right?

lol.. you have oure scared the wee guy off... :)

It has problem like every other car, so they are not specific to Peugoet or 607. The trouble we have is shite aftersales service from Peugeot.. No one is trained to fix it and this is were problem lies.. In paris, took my car to a dealer and the wee mechanic knew exactly what was wrong and hola sorted..

as far as the car is concern Manuelwt, its not bad price.. however 55000 miles and the price and everything else makes me think that the car has been clocked..

first of all ESP/ASR light or Anti Pollution should not come on before 80,000 miles if it does then the mileage is incorrect..

Personally I would stay away from this car.. you can get decent 607 for uto £2500 these due to credit crunch lol...

sorry been away so couldnt reply.. hope you have not bought it lol.. if you have then its £550 to get the particle filter changed and re-generated and then a new door switch £150 plus labour.. total cost around £750.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your answer Scottcruz!

As far as I know the car hasn't been clocked, it has full service from peugeot garages upto 50000 miles, the thing is that i could not resit it and... i've bought it :D, i hope no regret it. at the moment everything goes smooth as silk, only had to repair the passenger wing mirror (Im gonna replace it by myself, if i find out how to take the mirror glass off of its plastic cover without breaking it:mad: ) and the ESP/ASR fault which could be the sensors. Apart from that im very happy about this car, very powerful and comfortable. let's see how long it last:D .

Thanks guys for your advice anyway, I appreciated it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Manuelwt said:
Thanks for your answer Scottcruz!

As far as I know the car hasn't been clocked, it has full service from peugeot garages upto 50000 miles, the thing is that i could not resit it and... i've bought it :D, i hope no regret it. at the moment everything goes smooth as silk, only had to repair the passenger wing mirror (Im gonna replace it by myself, if i find out how to take the mirror glass off of its plastic cover without breaking it:mad: ) and the ESP/ASR fault which could be the sensors. Apart from that im very happy about this car, very powerful and comfortable. let's see how long it last:D .

Thanks guys for your advice anyway, I appreciated it
nae worries, if you have bought it then dont regret.. the ESP/ASR fault is not as easy as the sensor but good luck..

the wing mirror is easy to take off.. you dont need to take the plastic off (but if you, you need to take the mirror out first, move it right up and use a thin screwdriver to unclip the mirror glass first, this will give you access to the plastic.)

To take the wing mirror off, you need to first unscrew the door control window switch then unclip the plastic near the door handle and then unclip the door card. then you will see a triangluar plastic, exactly adjacent to the mirror, one screw, un screw it and the mirror is off..

let us know if you need any help..

a tip, check if all fans are working ok.. the resistors are known to show an open circuit which causes the problem too..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I don't mean to slate the car it's just that mine has broke my heart over and over and I just wouldn't like to see it happening to someone else. My car doesn't even have 100k on it!! Anyway best of luck with the new car I hope you have better look than I have had! P.s my car now needs new shocks new brake disks all way round a new motor foe the headlamp adjusters. Also has anyone ever had this problem? When the a/c is on the fan cuts in every two minutes and when stopped at light the car jumps forward a little.

Regards,

Tony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scotcruz said:
a tip, check if all fans are working ok.. the resistors are known to show an open circuit which causes the problem too..
sorry if Im look silly by asking it, but what fans do you mean??:confused: and where are those resistors??:confused: , sorry man im so newbie with this car:eek:

Ta!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
radiator fan, behind the front bumper and the resistors are like a copper coil just behind the front grill.. the coil often gets cruded and hence shows an open circuit.. which causes the fans not to work and the car in the limp mode..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scottcruz you were right mate, my fan it's not working at all, so tomorrow im going to the dealer and see if i can buy these resistors. how easy is to change those resistors?

Thanks again for your help. Top man:thumb: :nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scottcruz sorry to keep asking you questions mate, but i can´t reach the resistors as there are two metal pipes across the plastic box which i believe its enclosing the resistors:( Please could you advise me how to change the resistors mate???:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
aahh.. as expected..

nae worries mate, its not that hard.. the resistors are behind the grill, with two screws each to the chasis.. The part you need with part numbers are:-

00001267A8 RESIATANCE
00001267A9 RESIATANCE
00006555HL ELECTRIC RELAY - for the high speed 45AMP fan
00006547TX ELECTRIC RELAY - for low and midspeed 35AMP fan

while you are there, may aswell change the electric relays.. believe me they are plug and play.. all you need to do is replace the above and get the error codes cleared.. unless the particle filter re-generation is causing it, you will find this will resolve the problem..

good luck..

PS check your PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well after a week of waiting finally I´ve got the resistances and the electric relays so tomorrow Im going to change them, let´s see how it goes. Scotcruz, Do you know how to take the front grill off? I tried this morning and it didn´t come off easily as im a bit scare of breaking one of those plastic bits and can´t fit them back again. Sorry to be such a pain mate :eek:

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Job done!! I've already changed them, my esp problem still persist, but my radiator is working now, what i noticed is that the fun now keep switching on and off itermently, any idea why?? when i changed the relays i saw 2 green relays and one blue relay, i've changed one of the green ones (the one on top) and the blue one. shall i need to change the other realy too??? what is the part number??

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Job done!! I've already changed them, my esp problem still persist, but my radiator is working now, what i noticed is that the fun now keep switching on and off itermently, any idea why?? when i changed the relays i saw 2 green relays and one blue relay, i've changed one of the green ones (the one on top) and the blue one. shall i need to change the other realy too??? what is the part number??

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top