Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Navtech Seimens VDO sat nav complete with UK and France Map cd's. after approx one mile of driving with system working corectly the error "wrong cd" comes up . Also i cannot programme any addresses in. I think the soft ware needs updating where can I get a software disc from tried Peugeot they couldent help

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sparky Glyn said:
Hi I have a Navtech Seimens VDO sat nav complete with UK and France Map cd's. after approx one mile of driving with system working corectly the error "wrong cd" comes up . Also i cannot programme any addresses in. I think the soft ware needs updating where can I get a software disc from tried Peugeot they couldent help
your system is fine, its the map disc thats corrupt..

Is it a copy or original?

You can buy the software CD from peugeot.. I can post the part number tomorrow.. the latest version out is ver 8.0

will post tomorrow :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks

Have 2 Maps 1 Uk and 1 France both are originals. I have the problem with both discs. Dont mind buying a new UK disk if you think thats the problem.

Is it worth updating the software any way ?

Could you post the part number Thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
update the software first..

the Software CD for Philips Carin VDO Dayton Color Sat nav is 6563P9

simply give the part number to the dealer and they will order it for you..

eject the map cd from the car first..

then start the car

then enter the cd (leave the boot open) and go to the driver seat

in a minute, the display will show the software present on the system and the software on the cd.

then select update and it will take a minute or two..

once update is complete, take the software cd out and switch the engine off

leave it a minute and then start the car again

this time enter the map disc

and holla.. you are done..

my experience with 607 sat nav is that the TeleAtlas maps work better than Navteq as TeleAtlas allows you to search with Postcode.

good luck mate, dont worry about the cost, its less than £20 for the software CD.

let us know how you get on..

the latest version out is 8.0, if you get any higher, please report..

·
Registered
17 Posts
607 Satnav

I would like to say a big thankyou to Scotcruz for the info posted to Sparky Glyn. I too had a need for a satnav software update due to the original not being supplied with my 607. Thanks to Scotty I ordered one from Peugeot which arrived this morning. It is now installed and working fine. So, thanks very much.

All I need now is the latest maps cd for France.

gvfrance:)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
gvfrance said:
I would like to say a big thankyou to Scotcruz for the info posted to Sparky Glyn. I too had a need for a satnav software update due to the original not being supplied with my 607. Thanks to Scotty I ordered one from Peugeot which arrived this morning. It is now installed and working fine. So, thanks very much.

All I need now is the latest maps cd for France.

gvfrance:)
Glad the info helped you mate..

cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
satnav - wrong CD inserted

Hi,

I have a 607 with similar satnav problems (error message stating wrong CD) :confused:and was wondering if the software update CD will fix the problem. Any help received gratefully :thumb:

Barry

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi,

I have a 607 with similar satnav problems (error message stating wrong CD) :confused:and was wondering if the software update CD will fix the problem. Any help received gratefully :thumb:

Barry
depends really... tell us exactly what is the problem with the satnav..

cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
607 Satnav

Hi Barry

I got myself the software update and, for a while, my satnav operated perfectly.:) However, the main box of tricks started to play up and eventually gave up the ghost altogether. This was due to water ingress. I am now waiting for a replacement which should sort out the problem once and for all. It might br worth checking to see if you have the same problem. Take the box out and check for any signs of corrosion on the connectors.

Hope this helps.

Graham

·
Registered
5 Posts
Graham,

Thanks for the reply......I've had this satnav problem for around 18 months. I have removed the CD player and stripped it down to clean the lens.....worked for a couple of hours only :( No obvious signs of water ingress to the unit. I want to sell the car and would love to sort the problem out for any new owner. Its really frustrating. Ive had the car for 6 years and its been really solid for me.......just a shame that this seems to be a common problem. I did buy a tom tom in the end :eek:

Thanks again mate

Barry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scot Cruz,

The message on the colour screen says wrong CD inserted.....then does not work. Very occasionally it fires up and works for about 30mins or so then the egg timer comes up and the message wrong CD inserted appears on the scree. Its an 03 plate and worked fine up until 18 months or so ago. Aa I said in my reply to Graham I'm looking to sell it (going back into the company car scheme) and would love to get it working for the new owner. Its been a great car that has only seldomly let me down but this satnav prob is :confused:If you need any other info let me know

Thanks mate

Baz

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi Barry

I got myself the software update and, for a while, my satnav operated perfectly.:) However, the main box of tricks started to play up and eventually gave up the ghost altogether. This was due to water ingress. I am now waiting for a replacement which should sort out the problem once and for all. It might br worth checking to see if you have the same problem. Take the box out and check for any signs of corrosion on the connectors.

Hope this helps.

Graham
you are spot on Graham,.. just to check that when you say the main box of tricks, do you mean the ECU... is it the one behind the glove box or the main screen??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Graham,

Thanks for the reply......I've had this satnav problem for around 18 months. I have removed the CD player and stripped it down to clean the lens....

Barry
I've only had one 607, but I've seen hundreds of CD players since their invention. I can guarantee lens cleaning is a gimmick perpetuated by people selling lens cleaners of one sort or another to Joe-gullible-public. (The same people who sold video head cleaners)
If a drive starts reading disks intermittantly, then nine times out of ten it's the laser block deteriorating. Replacing the whole drive usually works out cheaper than ordering up a laser and fitting it, particularly as no-one is left in the trade willing to do that kind of work any more.
BTW What make was the map drive you found in yours? both of mine are still working so I haven't had to dig yet.
cheers.
jim. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've only had one 607, but I've seen hundreds of CD players since their invention. I can guarantee lens cleaning is a gimmick perpetuated by people selling lens cleaners of one sort or another to Joe-gullible-public. (The same people who sold video head cleaners)
If a drive starts reading disks intermittantly, then nine times out of ten it's the laser block deteriorating. Replacing the whole drive usually works out cheaper than ordering up a laser and fitting it, particularly as no-one is left in the trade willing to do that kind of work any more.
BTW What make was the map drive you found in yours? both of mine are still working so I haven't had to dig yet.
cheers.
jim. :thumb:
Jim,

I have ordered a secondhand dvd player for the sat/nav system (as I think your right about the laser breaking down) so hopefully this will resolve the issue. A sticker on top of the drive says Radisys the Microware. The model number is PSANMK100-00. Will post here later and let you know how I got on

Barry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right.....just fitted replacement DVD player for the satnav map disc and the satnav is back up and running with no problems. As Jim quoted it was probably the laser breaking down in the old one. Well pleased I am :lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Right.....just fitted replacement DVD player for the satnav map disc and the satnav is back up and running with no problems. As Jim quoted it was probably the laser breaking down in the old one. Well pleased I am :lol:
It's good to hear some positive response (or indeed any response) to a help post for a change..
Well chuffed I am :nono: (Yoda)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts