Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a strange title, but it's a strange thing I'm seeing on my maps as I drive the car.

BTW, I've just updated the software to version 8.

Basically dotted about the map are yellow sqaures with number 4's in them !

They are supposed to signify something - I believe they should be motorway junctions, but not 100%.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me ?

Cheers

Tris

·
Registered
972 Posts
strange.. dont have them on mine... any chance of attaching a photo of it..

glad you updated to version 8. Cant believe that you had version 3 on it :nono:

did you get the cd easily.. my local peugeot dealer always asks where I got the part number from.. Im like non of your business... to wind him up.. lol..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure here's a pic:

Also, I don't think I had version 3 nav software, that was my "EMF-D" software what ever that is.

My Nav software was on 12.00 before and on 16.10 now !! here's a pic showing my current upgraded nav with my old disc software showing on right.

So is 16.10 really version 8 then ?? - I'm confused !

Tris

·
Registered
972 Posts
right.. the number 4 thing in my satnav what junction Im at.. strange how all of yours are showin 4..

have you upgraded it with the cd I recommended ??

I will check it for you tomorrow and will let you know..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I "aquired" it from t'interweb.....;)

But I think I'll have to get it from a Pug dealer.

You suppose it's somrthing to do with the fact I'm on 2004 maps??

Tris

·
Registered
972 Posts
your system is fine mate and the 2004 map cd would effect it...

the number 4 in a yellow box means that its M4 and the national roads in blue box.. country roads are different color..

no need to go to the dealers and pay a fortune.. when you can get one from flebay

I havent checked the software details.. will let you know later.. just got out of bed..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm quite new on Pugs and I just bought a 607 3.0 V6 on an 03 Plate.

How can I update my Sat Nav ? I went to a Peugeot dealer but he hasn't got a clue.
Unfortunately there wasn't any CD's with the car and I really don't know what to get. I guess I need the software CD and the maps aswell.

Any help , please ??

·
Registered
972 Posts
the dealers obviously dont have a clue.. its because they dont get the training for it.. I bet you know more than the dealers do.. they only have the advantage of the PSA equipment otherwise who would need to go to the dealers..

anyhow.. dont worry, you are at the right place..

** the up to date software cd costs arround £14, I can provide you with the part number as again dealers wont have a clue (PM me your chasis number)

** the map cd varies, you can get them off ebay for £45 max.. the latest ones are £110 and the place to buy it from navteq.. they are based in Netherlands.. phone the toll free number and they can charge your credit card..

PS: you can try this.. the first update is provided free from navteq. you can say that you havent received the free update and see what they say..

good luck,... if you need more help.. please dont hesitate..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Postcodes on 2001 cd and colour satnav screen

Hi guys, I ve just bought a 52 reg 607 V6 SE and the Navtech Discs supplied is 2001. I am told that to get post code you put them in the CITY part but I cant seem to get this to work. eg B21 9DY enter B, and a load of letter perms are dropped off, but you cant select any digits as they are not highlighted.
As I know nothing about the quality of this sat nav system, but lack of postcode entry does seem a big drawback - I m reluctant to just buy later map or software upgrades unless I know it will work in some fashion. Can anyone advise of their experiences or work arounds.

·
Registered
972 Posts
agreed... Peugeot PSA dont allow iTMC or post code search.. complete to**ers ... it works in france though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts