Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, the name is Tristan and I've just bought a lovely 607 2.2 HDi SE Auto Tip (2001).

Anyway, one of the niggly problems I'm having is with the passenger wing mirror not always opening out when I unlock the car. it always 100% of times retracts upon locking, but some times when unlocking it gets stuck and needs a helping hand to finish its cycle.

Anybody got any ideas on what the issue may be - or where I should start to take it apart ??

Cheers

Tris

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hi Tristan.. Welcome to the forum.. Nice motor btw..

ok, there are two possibilities:

• The PSA onboard computer is sending a delayed signal which causes the delay (very rare to happen) to fix it, you need a visit to the dealer to update the software..
  • The mechanism of the mirror might be clogged up due to water ingress.. (which you can find out by taking it the cover apart.. very easily done..

are other electrics working normal in the car?? what kinda mileage has the motor done ??

dont hesitate to ask further questions mate..

good luck..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi there, thanks for the welcome.

That's great info to get me started, thank you :)

I can't look at it just yet, as it's with my garage having a few things done.
(the abs judder is being fixed, cambelt, shocks, full service and a few other bits to get her perfect)

I'm only having them done to have peace of mind really as these were items picked up on a test drive - the garage very nicely let me take the car to my local mechanic who is a peugeot chappie and he was happy with it, bar those few issues.

The 607 has done 88,000 miles with a full service history. - is that ok ?

*EDIT* - Sorry, yes all electrics are working perfectly, including the mirror adjustment.

thanks again

Tris

·
Registered
999 Posts
TristanC said:
Hi there, thanks for the welcome.

That's great info to get me started, thank you :)

I can't look at it just yet, as it's with my garage having a few things done.
(the abs judder is being fixed, cambelt, shocks, full service and a few other bits to get her perfect)

I'm only having them done to have peace of mind really as these were items picked up on a test drive - the garage very nicely let me take the car to my local mechanic who is a peugeot chappie and he was happy with it, bar those few issues.

The 607 has done 88,000 miles with a full service history. - is that ok ?

*EDIT* - Sorry, yes all electrics are working perfectly, including the mirror adjustment.

thanks again

Tris
thats good news that you have full service history.. the shocks dont give up that soon.. you might not need to replace them.. I would recommend you to do the service yourself.. a major service, includes oil filter, fuel filter, engine oil, air filter and checks like brake etc which you are getting them done anyway...

also with experience, I would strongly recommend 5W 40 Shell Helix Ultra.. it works a treat.. doesnt heat up as other GM oils that the garage replace and you will find the difference yourself.. major service is easily done yourself and cost you alot cheaper..

The oil drain plug is a hex key.. fuel filter can be changed by taking one of the engine covers off (take care by not letting any air in)

hope it helps mate.. anything just give us a shout..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All sorted !!!

Not sure what the problem was as it came back from my mechanic all singing and dancing !!

I'm now a happy chappie cruising up and down the M4 with 47.9MPG under my belt :D :D :D

·
Registered
999 Posts
glad to hear that mate.. well done !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm now a happy chappie cruising up and down the M4 with 47.9MPG under my belt
02-05-2008 11:03 PM

That good milage..i only get 38mpg or so on a manual 2.2hdi why????:confused:
regards. old rocker.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sure mate.

But I can only assume it's to do with the "stop, start" traffic either end of the motorway run - there's hardly any for me and I live 10 mins from the motorway, Then my motorway journey is 45 miles (50 mins)

And I travel at 65mph on cruise to keep the RPM down.

I've actually sold the 607 on now and am driving a 2.4 petrol Volvo S80 and am getting an amazing 40mpg using the same technique !!!! and 38mpg on a bad day. - But the Volvo does have a 5 speed auto box which helps cruising at 65mph keep the rpm below 2,000 !!

Tris

G

·
I ran to Heathrow and back this morning and managed 45.2mpg in slow rush hour motorway traffic (40-60mph, with frequent stops as the traffic bunched, a right pain) in a 2.2 petrol 407.

My olde V70s were 2.4s as well and managed only 38ish on the m'way, but they were autos. That's still better than my Golf V5 which was impossible to keep North of 30 no matter what I did!

Did you ever find what caused the mirror to go wonky? I'm kinda curious to see what it was in the end.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really mate,

80% of the time it would work fine, but then when it didn't I just retracted them from inside the car and out again and it popped out - weird.

But I think it was the mechanism on it's way out to be honest.

Tris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts