Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Have sorted all my problems due to the forum but want to tackle the final one. My left electric front woindow motor makes noise but no action .Assume it is the regulators. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for removing door card /trim as i cant locate any screws to remove door pull .Saw on forum about drilling out rivets on door handle but a step by step guide would be nice and what and where should i look for the problem The car has wooden trim around the handle and window switch.
Nigel Adelaid

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
607 electric window front left

Hi all
well i removed the door trim without breaking anything and the fake wooden trims just clipped off and being very careful all went well, the door handle and door pull were screwed on . I discovered the window is held up with a wooden chair leg tied in with electrical ties .The wire cable drives are broken and there was a broken white regulator clip in the bottom of the door The motor is still working and one of the cables is twisted up with it .Have ordered a full repair kit from germany and when i get that will pull it all apart including the chair leg. Cant see where the regulators go as yet and would appreciate any help with approach I assume first step is to remove the motor Have thougth of removing right hand door trim to see how other one works but dont like doing this as so ease to break things Thanks again stubbo. Also found rear brake pads are just DB2 which fit rear Volvo 240 some Vauxhall and opel cars these are very common and cheap here
Regards Nigel Adelaide

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
607 electric window front left

Hi all still hoping for a few clues on this electric window Can remove trim ok my kit has arrived from Germany and will tackle the job when i feel brave Where in the door are the regulator clips located I assume the cables unclip from the motor which is the first thing i will try and remove . Would love some help from someone who has done job before or even a diagram.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the actual cable and the regulater are one piece mechanism..

if you have bought a replacement one.. then it simple replaces like for like.. there are two screw/nuts one on the top and one at the bottom..

the mechanism is in a D shape.. remember when you take the trim off you need to take the handle pull which is on the black part and this is rivetted.. so you need to drill this out..

once the window regulater is out, replace it, plug it and screw it on.. I changed mine and the max it took was 30 minutes.. :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scot
appreciate your help wish you lived around the corner . My door pull is already screwed in as someone went there before . I have bought new regualtor clips and cables which are broken . Will remove the whole regulator which is assume in old fashion terms is the window motor by removing two screws and hopefully it is obvious when i take it apart my kit has 3 cables two regulator clips and two springs which go on ends of cables . If i get stuck hope you dont mind if i ask for further help . I am better at doing brakes or timing belt but sure once i have done it once will be ok Love the car and is identical to yours in your photo.
Regards Nigel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.