Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2001 607 and have problems with the front passenger electric window (seems a common problem!).

I want to remove the door trim to have a look, and can lever out the lower trim poppers. However, I can't make out how to release the top half of the door trim.

Seems stupid I know, but can anybody help? I just don't want to damage the trim.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi Phil,

its very easy...

Step 1

take screw out from the window switch, there is a wee cover (penny size) take that off which will give you the access to the screw... the wooden or the carbon trim can come off a sharp flat screw driver (it unclips) there are loops at the bottom half of the door trim, once you take that off, move the trim up a wee bit and it will come off.. remember to take the wires off from the seat memory button again that simply clips off..

let me know if you need help mate..

took me 30 mins to change my window regulator..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
cool.. its very easy.. let me know if you get stuck somewhere

remember if you are doing something to window regulator, you may need to drill out the three rivets on the door opening level/handle..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Phil Reid said:
Many thanks, I'll try this weekend.
how did you get on Phil ?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
lol....
pmsl....

its taking the door trim off to access window regulater etc...

keep them coming...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the window failed because the plastic slider clip that the cable fits into has split in two. Window now supported by the traditional piece of wood (surprised that Peugeot don't sell them as accessories!).

Surprise, surprise! Can't buy just the plastic clip, but have to replace the whole unit (£208.87!). I'm desperately trying to find out who the OEM of the part is, but it has stamped on it is 'POM', with no reference number.

If I succeed, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Phil Reid said:
Well the window failed because the plastic slider clip that the cable fits into has split in two. Window now supported by the traditional piece of wood (surprised that Peugeot don't sell them as accessories!).

Surprise, surprise! Can't buy just the plastic clip, but have to replace the whole unit (£208.87!). I'm desperately trying to find out who the OEM of the part is, but it has stamped on it is 'POM', with no reference number.

I had this aswell mate... its common.. you can get a replacement one for about £40 max... btw the 807 and 407 ones are the same...

there are few folks breaking 607's on ebay.. give them a wee call Im sure you will get one.. nothing to worry about..

remember the door handle things in now screwed but is rivetted, you need to drill it out so keep in mind to buy a rivet thing from b&q its for about £4.99 with 10 rivetts..

if you need any help, give me a shout..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scotcruz said:
I had this aswell mate... its common.. you can get a replacement one for about £40 max... btw the 807 and 407 ones are the same...

there are few folks breaking 607's on ebay.. give them a wee call Im sure you will get one.. nothing to worry about..

remember the door handle things in now screwed but is rivetted, you need to drill it out so keep in mind to buy a rivet thing from b&q its for about £4.99 with 10 rivetts..

if you need any help, give me a shout..
The cheapest I 've been offered for a 607 window regulator is £76! Is that definite that the 407 and 807 ones are the same? Also, the one that I've been offered is from an 04 reg; will it be the same as my 51 reg?

Many thanks for your support.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Phil,

deffo the 807 are the same as I have an 807 window regulator in my front driver side window.. I was told that 407 are the same too aswell as citreons... but 807 is as I have fitted it in my 607.

£76 is a bit steep.. I would happily paid around £50.. see if he could give you a deal at around £60 then go for it mate, its worth it.. imagine paying those butchers the £175 + labour..

yes... the mechanisms are the same.. 04 or 51 reg doesnt matter as they have not been changed..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
lyjl9002 said:
这是新加的空白文章1,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。
just translated this phish !!!

:cool: This is the new Canada's blank article 1, may in the ubb visualization editor, increase and revise the article content.

wtf......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can confirm that the 607 regulator is unique and NOT the same as the 407 or 807. Couldn't get one anywhere 2nd hand, but got one brand new from a Peugeot dealer for £115 through PartsReunited.

Not difficult to fit either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
607 regulator

hi all just joied forum as i purchased a 607 on wed oth windows goosed got kits for both windows ut im disabled wondering if any of you guys kow who would do the repair for me im in kirkintilloch Glasgow very good forum ta in advance.

·
Registered
215 Posts

I did my drivers side in last winter, there were then a load of people on Ebay selling 'repair' kits. The cheapest ones were just the two nylon square bits, which is all it took to fix mine.

cheers
jim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.