Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone help me.

Parked the 607 up last night. Today it wont start. Both batterys are fine but car won't turn over. Just a click when you turn the key.

This has happened before, about a year ago. Took it to peugeot, charged me £500, turned out it was just a fuse. So obviously it's not going to peugeot again. I am not aware of what fuse this could be though.

Any idea's? :(

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
first of all dont panic.. there is nothing to worry about..

dont understand how it cost you £500..

Its the battery contacts thats all.. take it off.. use a bit of sandpaper.. connect it back, (one terminal at a time) make sure they are tight.. then put some grease on it..

another thing that causes this is because the car ecu thinks that the car is in drive.. (common on automatic gears) in this case, press the brake and move from P to D a few times... then turn the ignition and it should work fine..

let us know if you need any help..

·
Registered
2 Posts
607 won't start - sounds same as Andy 3550?

Hi Andy 3550 and Scotcruz. After 2 days of frustration trying to start my 607 (same as Andy, one day fine next day 'dead as a dodo') It was great to get these 2 tips from Scotcruz. I have just tried the 2nd tip (move from P to D a few times as the ecu thinks its in drive) but I have noticed that when doing this, the letter display on the dashboard does not display the 'P' (it displays the R,N and D though)

So I think you have hit on the solution for me but the puzzle is, why wont the 'P' display? If I can crack that one, I think it will start. Any thoughts Scotcruz? :confused:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
have you checked if there is anything fell in the groves of where the gear runs.. I found that with mine my wee girls sweetie fell into it and it was preventing the gear to fully hit park as its sensors..

try that, otherwise, hook it to PSA diag 2000 or peugeot planet and it would tell you the fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
607 wont start

OK thanks for this suggestion - will go and have a look now if something is blocking the lever. Pardon my ignorance but what is PSA diag 2000/Peugeot Planet and is it something Joe Public can buy?
Thanks again - Jim

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
jiml said:
OK thanks for this suggestion - will go and have a look now if something is blocking the lever. Pardon my ignorance but what is PSA diag 2000/Peugeot Planet and is it something Joe Public can buy?
Thanks again - Jim
well you can get it... upto £500 with the genuine interface.. not worth it if you just wee problems..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.