Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
, got a 2016 tepee 120 with the 6 speed manual box, it's done 67000 mrs and there is a bit of transmission noise but not sure if it's box or final drive so have got some good quality gear oil and thought I would change it, took the n/s front wheel off and there is no fill up plug! looked all over and can only think it's on the top where I cannot see, any body any ideas please.

·
9,199 Posts
There is no filler plug they deleted it to save money. Its now drain the gearbox and fill with a measured amount of oil via the breather point on the top of the gearbox.

You need to check if your gearbox has a ribbed section on the front as they changed the design and they have different amounts of oil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no filler plug they deleted it to save money. Its now drain the gearbox and fill with a measured amount of oil via the breather point on the top of the gearbox.

You need to check if your gearbox has a ribbed section on the front as they changed the design and they have different amounts of oil
Wow, that's penny pinching taken to a new level, made a very easy job into a very awkward one, will check on that ribbing, any idea where I would find out the correct amount of oil I may need? Thank you windy1603 you have been very helpful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much windy1603, lots of numbers flying about but 1.9 ltrs seems to be the most popular, one fellow said his was finned and Haynes said 2.4 ltrs, but on checking with main agent was told it was definitely 1.9.....Haynes has let me down a few times so no confidence there, once more many thanks windy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, damned auto correct, how does it turn speed into spud, nice seeing you on this side cancunia:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts