Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting to do a few longer journeys in my car and thinking, along with Cruise, that a 6 speed gearbox would help.

Now I have no idea if this will work. I know it has been done, but that was to a 306 and the chap said he had to do a lot of work to the drive shafts to get it to fit (assuming that they were too long/ short).

Will it be just a straight swap or would I need other things?

Tarr

EDIT: Might be worth to say that I want to fit it to a 2.0l HDi90

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its a great question, one I would also be interesting in doing myself if possible but I have a feeling it would be tricky if it was.

With regards to cruise, well that is definately possible providing you have the required brake switches. There is a tutorial on this forum that I am sure you may well be aware of.

Matt

S

·
0 Posts
I'd be inclined to say that in a 90 its not worth it

a remapped 110 or a 136 with solid flywheel maybe, but I can't see it doing much apart from making your wallet lighter!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm pushing 170BHP (estimated) :p

Next step power wise would be a new fuel pump from one of the BMW's, still unsure which is the direct fitment, but I think it was from the 325d, some merc injectors and the FPR from the 1.6HDi
^^^^^^^ This is interesting... I would like to know which pump, injectors and fuel pressure regulator are direct fit?
Its funny someone has mentioned this as i was looking at a set of Merc Vito injectors the other day and thinking how similar they are, they wouldnt fit but it got the non plastic gears working in my head :D

C

·
0 Posts
I'm pushing 170BHP (estimated) :p

Next step power wise would be a new fuel pump from one of the BMW's, still unsure which is the direct fitment, but I think it was from the 325d, some merc injectors and the FPR from the 1.6HDi
How in the world have you managed to get 170bhp out of a 2.0 90 hdi?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How in the world have you managed to get 170bhp out of a 2.0 90 hdi?
Mahoosive intercooler, turbo wound out to the max (about 30PSi) and a nice remap (not one by a company, one by a pro 306 tuner).

Most of the time, a similar 306 with this sort of set up gets about 170BHP, so we've estimated mine to be around the same, give or take 10%.

Bare in mind this is ATF power, it should be about 150BHP ATW.

·
11,780 Posts
Surely that is going to shorten the engine life drastically? I wouldn't have thought it would be wise to spend money on a 6 speed box in that case.

·
Registered
151 Posts
From what ive read these 2.0 lumps can still be pretty reliable at this power providing the mapping/servicing is done properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts