Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My 2008 308 HDi 2.0 seems to me to have a bit of an issue with the AL6 auto. I would like to know if anyone else has a view on this, as the local stealership can't identify the fault (and therefore have claimed "they're all like that mate").

Here are the issues: When selecting either first or reverse, it takes a second or so to engage. When in a low gear (1st or 2nd - especially noticeable when driving in a carpark building), lifting on and off the power seems to give a symptom that feels like there is an unusually large amount of backlash in the driveline somewhere.

I've driven another couple of similarly equipped cars that don't have anything like the same amount of backlash feeling.

Anyone on here experienced anything like this with their car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cant really help because my 308 is Petrol 140bhp & only 4 speed auto. It all works pretty good , but it can hang on to the ratios for a little too long , even without the use of the Sport button , which I seldom use !!.

I has a diesel Skoda Superb with 5 speed auto & that was pretty much perfect !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant. The stealership just told me that they couldn't fix it because the computer isn't throwing any fault codes. Apparently they are too useless to actually use their brains.

D

·
0 Posts
Brilliant. The stealership just told me that they couldn't fix it because the computer isn't throwing any fault codes. Apparently they are too useless to actually use their brains.
Did they update the gearbox software?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Made no difference at all. Apparently they can't get authority to carry out any further diagnosis unless they can find a fault code. Which made me ask what fault code gets thrown if the car runs a wheel bearing or gets a puncture.

Are they really as incompetent as it seems, or am I missing something?

D

·
0 Posts
Yep. Made no difference at all. Apparently they can't get authority to carry out any further diagnosis unless they can find a fault code. Which made me ask what fault code gets thrown if the car runs a wheel bearing or gets a puncture.

Are they really as incompetent as it seems, or am I missing something?
Go to a different dealer i reckon. By the way was there any other fault codes in any other ecu eg the engine ecu or the abs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No other fault codes as far as I know.

Sadly, I'm a little stuck for dealers where I live.

I'm really very interested in hearing from any other 308 owners with the same gearbox - is mine unusually bad, or do they all have more backlash than other auto gearboxes? It is very obvious if you put it in M1 and then quickly lift on and off the throttle. Feels very unpleasant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other than the very noticeable backlash in M1 and M2, perfectly. Although I suspect that this backlash issue is only much more obvious in lower gears and at lower road speeds (as it gets taken up almost immediately at higher speeds in M3-M6), but is always present nonetheless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No satisfying resolution here. I've been told that the 2008 2.0 HDi has this "characteristic" - later cars do not. So I'm asking for a replacement car. Not impressed at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
308 6-speed auto issue

I have a 2009 308 6-spped 2.0 HDI

It also appears to have 2 issues:

1. From stationary, there is a delay or latency between moving the accelerator and the car responding. To an extent, the same is evident throughout the gear range eg accelerating to pass - a flat spot then the rush of acceleration follows.

2. the shift up from 5th to 6th can be quite delayed at times, typically if heavy acceleration has been involved eg passing move. It can hold in 5th for quite a long time, but normally not if the passage through to say 110 km/hr has been reasonably steady. To short circuit it I go into manual mode, flick it up, then auto, but shouldn't have to do so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 5th-6th shifting issue may just be the adaptive shift pattern program. Mine did the same thing for a while, but now no longer holds 5th when cruising at 60mph. Maybe a computer reset will help?

The delay in acceleration may be turbo lag? Mine delays in selecting a gear when stationary, but it is the backlash that really irritates when lifting off and on the throttle. I'm used to the delay in waiting for the turbo to spool up - try holding the car on the brakes with your left foot while giving some gas with the other foot. After a second or so the turbo will start boosting, so release the brake - wheel-spinning take-offs are possible (if somewhat unseemly).

·
Registered
3 Posts
auto-shift holding in 5th

Thanks David

Mine is not a turbo issue.

I will have to go back to the dealer to get the software checked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys. My 2008 308 HDi 2.0 seems to me to have a bit of an issue with the AL6 auto. I would like to know if anyone else has a view on this, as the local stealership can't identify the fault (and therefore have claimed "they're all like that mate").

Here are the issues: When selecting either first or reverse, it takes a second or so to engage. When in a low gear (1st or 2nd - especially noticeable when driving in a carpark building), lifting on and off the power seems to give a symptom that feels like there is an unusually large amount of backlash in the driveline somewhere.

I've driven another couple of similarly equipped cars that don't have anything like the same amount of backlash feeling.

Anyone on here experienced anything like this with their car?

Thanks in advance.
This is a long shot as the symptoms on my car (2011 6SP Auto 2.0 HDi) were different, but maybe similar enough to be the same issue. I damaged one tyre on my car, a rear one. My car had Continental S3s. I couldn't get another one on the day. I replaced it with a Dunlop. The car was slow to change into higher gears (4 and up). Manual worked just fine. Went to the dealer. They said the "Stability Control System" was not allowing the gear change because of the tyre difference.

I was not convinced. How could a rear tyre anomaly affect a front wheel drive car changing gears ?

I couldn't stand it any longer, I changed the tyre.

Fixed !!!!!!!!! Go figure.
Reg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts