Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some opinions

Have a budget of arounf £16k, for the money I could look at a 6 month old 2008 GT Line with under 4000 miles or a 3 year old 3008 Allure with 20,000 miles

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on what is better value / better option, looking at Peugeot Approved Used so would be 12 month warranty minimum in any case

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If the 3008 is still under the original 3 year Peugeot manufacturers warranty it can be extended with the genuine Peugeot extended warranty - which is the best extended warranty option for a Peugeot.

if the original warranty has finished then the Peugeot extended warranty cant be taken up.

Look at both & see which vehicle suits your needs.

·
3,476 Posts
HI....I hd a 'go' in a 2008 and found it a tad too small for me...I prefer the 3008 as it has that 'big' car feel and I liked the ride....what engine options have you looked at?..I can only comment on the 1.6 petrol as I felt I would get dpf issues as my mileage is very low..cant fault it

·
Registered
583 Posts
I guess it depends on your needs, but my vote is for 2008. Less mileage, younger, better equipment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI....I hd a 'go' in a 2008 and found it a tad too small for me...I prefer the 3008 as it has that 'big' car feel and I liked the ride....what engine options have you looked at?..I can only comment on the 1.6 petrol as I felt I would get dpf issues as my mileage is very low..cant fault it
1.6 Diesel Auto... It's replacing a big nasty Chrysler 300C so I think i'm more drawn to the 3008

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it depends on your needs, but my vote is for 2008. Less mileage, younger, better equipment.
The 2008 would be a 69 plate though so is the equipment going to be any better that say a 17 plate 3008? I could just buy a banger for a year and wait for the new 2020 2008 to be 6-12 months old

·
Registered
20 Posts
1.6 Diesel Auto... It's replacing a big nasty Chrysler 300C so I think i'm more drawn to the 3008
I assume your motoring is suitable for a modern diesel with a DPF, that is, you do mostly long journeys rather than city driving.
If you do mainly city or town driving, stick with a petrol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume your motoring is suitable for a modern diesel with a DPF, that is, you do mostly long journeys rather than city driving.
If you do mainly city or town driving, stick with a petrol.
I do around 1200-1500 miles a month, so not huge mileage but reasonable with a motorway trip a week in there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts