Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when the pug is stood still, handbrake on, the speedo reads as 5mph.

when i'm driving with the wife doing 35mph [on the speedo] in a 30limit - she screams at me for speeding.
if I knock my speed down to 25mph the dial reads 30mph. but I end up tootling along at what feels like a snails pace. and I get tonnes of cars queued up behind me.

is there an easy way to rectify this? can I open up the Perspex infront of the speedo and just push the needle down to 0mph?

can I adjust the cable? I presume its got some sort of barrel adjuster behind one of the front wheels?

i'd just like to do 30mph in a 30mph limit!! the wife drives me insane about it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
accuracy.

i'm fairly certain my car is not doing 5mph right now. the handbrake is on and its in neutral.

i'll try pressing the needle down a smidge. it might placate the wife..... briefly.

P

·
0 Posts
Is it worth checking the plug on the accelerator pedal? Could be dirty and sending bad signal. Just a thought.

·
5,672 Posts
Possible needle has moved on shaft in speedo, you could try doing sweep test in planet to see if it resets it or remove clocks and reset needle

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
i'm fairly certain my car is not doing 5mph right now. the handbrake is on and its in neutral.

i'll try pressing the needle down a smidge. it might placate the wife..... briefly.
Does the needle drop to zero or the needle stop when the ignition is off. If it doesn't then I'd go with the needle needing re-aligning but if it does drop then it sounds like there is something making the ecu think the car is moving. Trouble is if the sensor which gives speed data is making the ecu think it's moving while all the others are stationary I would expect there to be an ABS fault message unless the difference is within a window of allowable difference.

Still think a diagnostic would be a good idea as when stationary all four wheels should be showing 0 MPH. Would eliminate or confirm one possibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts