Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to refurb the rear calipers on my 54 plate 307 HDI xsi (136) and was wondering if anyone has done this or can provide any guidance/instructions/tips on the process. I'd consider myself to be a pretty competent (but not professional) diy mechanic and I've done this on other (non-peugeot) models before however since owning my 307 for about 2 years I've discovered that many things on this car seem to be more complicated than first appearances indicate.

Any help or advice from the community would be very much appreciated!

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS, I have searched the forums for info but can't see anything specifically about stripping and refurbing the rear calipers.

·
5,070 Posts
Dave, have you signed up to servicebox yet ?? if not just make up a business name etc as they never check. might help you out with diagrams etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ServiceBox has an outline exploded diagram which also shows the refurb kits from peugeot. Unfortunately doesn't show how the piston assembly comes out. I've done some other cars where theres a nack to putting the piston back in without tearing the seals. Just wondering if anyone had done one and knew of any specifics.

I guess in the absence of greater wisdom I'll just take a crack at it :) It's pretty much the way I work most things out, usually with varying success! Still.. gotta learn somehow.

I'll take plenty of pics and when I've time I'll maybe post up my findings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts