Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My good lady has a pre-facelift model. Apart from a few minor hickups, it has been extremely reliable and now, due to being unable to sell it, we've decided to keep it. (The financial drain of a child a Uni also has a part to play:-(

The car came with Goodyear NCT 5's and a Pirelli P7 on the spare.

Anyway, we gradually replaced the NCT's and have been running on P7's (not the CINTURATO version) for years apart from one older one that was put on the steel spare.

Currently we have the old NCT 5 on an alloy on the rear axel and it has outlasted the P7 on the same axel.

So: Questions:

Was it silly to move over the P7's?

Any suggestions for tyres?

We are probably going to move away from the P7's as the car seems to eat them for fun.

I was looking at Michelin Energy Saver Plus 205/55 R16 91V. This (plus +) version is the latest in the line of Michelin Energy Saver series.

Any suggestions are welcome.

PS It's fitted with the 205/55 R16 tyre option

·
Registered
402 Posts
Tyres are a bit like religion, what is the only right thing for one, will never suit another. I have tried cheap chinese tyres with good result, but Michelin will always be among the very best.

Holt

·
Registered
394 Posts
My car came with a near new set of Michelin energy savers (Not plus) in 205/55/16 size and they are great. Fitted at 117k, now on 130k with no uneven wear and great tread. Don't ask me how much they are now, but they are certainly very good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Having looked at one of the worn tyres again this afternoon in better light - it looks like I'll be purchasing one tomorrow. Michelin Energy saver Plus it is :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts