Peugeot Forums banner

54 307 HDi XSi with Blaupunkt CD Changer

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  steve m 
#1 ·
Hi there, new poster as just about to become a Peugeot owner for the first time!

My car has the Blaupunkt CD changer fitted but I currently own an Alpine iDA - X100.

I want to fit this to the car and fit the fascia 'pocket' adapter in place of the CD changer.

Can someone please tell me exactly what I need? It's rather confusing when reading through the posts about it as it doesn't seem as simple as taking the old one out, sticking an adapter on it and popping back in.

I can buy the fascia pocket fine.

Now the ISO adapter, I have seen standard ones online and ebay. But after reading about swapping wires, which worries a non-electrical fella like me, I have seen on eBay:

Intelli-SOT Adaptor with Automatic Ignition-Sensing, for vehicles: Peugeot ISO Adaptor

Is this worth the extra money? Will this mean I wont need to mess about with the wires?

Lastly, and I do appreciate your time and help if it is forthcoming!

What else would I need? Aerial adapter? Anything?

Thanks

Scott

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe it's usually just a case of swapping the yellow and red wires round on the wiring harness (usually bullet-type connectors to make it easier) so it will cross your live feed and ignition feed to save radio stations, clock, cd place etc.

Only thing is you will need to switch it off manually or it will go off afte r the car switches into economy mode.

If I'm wrong on anything, no doubt someone will correct me.

Dave

#3 ·
normally, if the radio is new in box, you will get the kit to come with it such as the iso adaptors, and antenna adaptor with it.

if your radio doesnt store the radio channels its just a case of what deebe has said and swapping the red and yellow wires so it will swap the power inputs. its pretty self explanitory if and when you see it.

if you have a radio control stalk next to your steering wheel, to get this work you will need

pc99-x44 and pc99-alp (might be named different as it may be another manufacturer that is compatable) - halfords stock these, they just clip onto the iso connectors, they come with instructions anways.

currently im looking for a blanking plate for the the little shelf under the radio, which i could sell you (if you want), when i eventually find a blanking plate. but in the mean time your probs best off going to a scrappy or dealer and getting one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.