Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 53 reg expert 1.9 diesel, which is holding back on the acceleration, if i take one of the vacuum pipes off the butterfly valve control unit on the egr unit it runs great the minute i put it back on and drive it starts to hold back. It also kicks out loads of black smoke so i have to put the pedal further down and then the van will shoot off, i have replaced the fuel filter and air, and also changed the intake manifold rubber o rings. it has also been plugged into a computer and doesn`t show any fault codes or no engine management light is coming on. can anyone please help as this is really starting to get on my t*ts.

Your answers would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem on my Scudo. It can only be 1 of 2 things. A blocked Catalyst or a stuck EGR.
Solution Take the silver pipe that runs to the inlet manifild off make a metal circular plate out of a lager can or such the right size to cover the hole on the butterfly valve assembly and place the the silver pipe back in place clamping it on. This eradicates the EGR. If this does not work its your cat. As the cat is NOT required for the MOT on diesels I had my cat cut open the offending blocked hoey comb pulled out and the cat re welded shut and that solved the problem.

Cheers Mike

Cat blockages are the norm I am affraid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts