Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has just bought a Vaux zafira and i was wondering if there are any common issues with them he should know about?

Im aware of the issue of the car randomly combusting and also aware of the electric steering pump giving up when going round roundabouts.

Any other probs people have had or know of?

·
Registered
153 Posts
the 53 plate shouldnt combust as its to early and didnt affect that model,my experience with them is they are very good or very bad,sills can rot badly,or they can be really good(dont know why) but seen many like that,my mot tester also pointed it out,inlet manifolds can be a pain on the 1.6/1.8 models also cam covers have a diaphram that can fail,i dont know which engine your friend has but on the 1.6/1.8 i know the correct oil is imperitive,using say 10w40 not 5/30 or whatever it is can cause the hydraulic lifters to jack open resulting in no compression and damage,loads on google about them.
now i had an 03 last year,and apart from an airflow meter,i couldnt fault it at all,in fact i regret selling it,by far the best mpv of its year by far,so much better than the renault and ford offerings which are utter rubbish.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
just purchased a 56 reg Diesel seems OK bit tricky to start though ,so used to the Pug .. read up on the fire situation seems that only affected the B or Tourer Model

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are many common faults on the zafira a, main ones are EGR valve and intake tracts clogging up, MAF Sensor and coil pack failure is common also.
Door loom cable damage at the rubber boots on bottom of doors has been present on almost everyone i know on the vxon forums who owns one.
On diesels the injector threads have been known to leak and cause problems as well.

There are many more faults but not so common and they don't like cheap ebay parts either they can cause havoc with the ecu's. Genuine is dearer but costs less in the long run.

Mines had more work than a celeb.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
There are many common faults on the zafira a, main ones are EGR valve and intake tracts clogging up, MAF Sensor and coil pack failure is common also.
Door loom cable damage at the rubber boots on bottom of doors has been present on almost everyone i know on the vxon forums who owns one.
On diesels the injector threads have been known to leak and cause problems as well.

There are many more faults but not so common and they don't like cheap ebay parts either they can cause havoc with the ecu's. Genuine is dearer but costs less in the long run.

Mines had more work than a celeb.
:D yes read up on it all . did the EGR (Saab parts fit well )and the Inlet air flow sensor Did not touch the MAF though . mine is the 1.9 8 valve so no flaps :) bad starting now sorted Starter motor (under Warranty ) set of NGK glow plugs and a fuel filter change .the heater needed the safety recall (done ) and the dealers did a full safety check whilst it was in .So getting there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.