Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm having problem with fuses blowing on screen washer it stopped woking so i checked fuse 14 found it blown (7.5amp) so put in 10amp tryed it worked but not for long now i've put in 15amp tryed few times seems to be ok any ideas anyone please

·
Registered
179 Posts
You should never put in larger fuses to cure an electrical problem - that's how fires start. They are rated at what they are cos that's generally what that particular piece of wiring will safely carry.

Given that the electrical systems on the 307 are all interlinked, you could also fry something else (expensive) as well by running a bigger fuse where there is obviously a a problem.

If you are not au-fait with electrics and multi-meters, you might want to stick a standard fuse back in and get an auto electrician to take a look. It'll be cheaper than frying an ECU or setting the car on fire ....

As a simple check, make sure none of the connectors are furred up or full of water, and if you can - make sure the wiring is not melting or rubbing up against anything

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply the day befor fault started i had tracker fitted behind glove box through insurance so they can check annual mileage i wonder if this is the problem

·
Registered
179 Posts
It would seem logical if they have disturbed wiring to start there yeah. Contact the fitter and tell him the problem started after he'd been in there.

I have never heard of an insurance company wanting a tracker fitted to check mileage though :confused:

I am on a stated mileage policy, but they never asked for anything like that - an MOT certificate would just as easily indicate mileage anyway. (and its cheaper lol)

Trackers are OK'ish at getting cars back if they are nicked, but anyone with even half decent knowledge of how trackers work will know how to get round them.... They are nothing like as effective as public perception has them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charlie said:
It would seem logical if they have disturbed wiring to start there yeah. Contact the fitter and tell him the problem started after he'd been in there.

I have never heard of an insurance company wanting a tracker fitted to check mileage though :confused:

I am on a stated mileage policy, but they never asked for anything like that - an MOT certificate would just as easily indicate mileage anyway. (and its cheaper lol)

Trackers are OK'ish at getting cars back if they are nicked, but anyone with even half decent knowledge of how trackers work will know how to get round them.... They are nothing like as effective as public perception has them.
http://www.coverbox.co.uk/

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
wouln't quote me :p apparently they dont like me because of my job and NO NCB. oh well...i think ill stick to towergate riskline :thumb:

EDIT: anyways BTT, sounds like you have a short circuit at the back of the fuse box where the work has been carried out. and as above never put a higher fuse into a circuit as they are designed to blow to protect the equipment from damage and fires. it will be like putting a 13amp in your brand new tv that will use 3amp or 5amps ...its something you will never do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i changed fuse back to 10 amp next day but now not blowing fuses but washer does not work :confused: is it worth fitting new washer pump to see if its that cause if i get tracker man back and its not that they said i would have to pay call out fee :eek:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would get the wiring checked before changing the pump, as you could buy a new pump and that could end up failing due to the wires etc. you might not need a new pump, the wire might have come out...unless you can here it working away.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i fitted new washer pump (£13 from gsf) which was quite easy to do now working great and no fuses are blowing hope this helps anyone in future.
Hany hint try not to use washer in freezing conditions and have a stronger mix off screen wash.:wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts