Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bough my first Peugeot, a 508sw, 2 litre, on a 61 plate. It has the panoramic roof with the intergal roof rails (no gap beneath them) and I have been told from several companies that you can fit roof bars, and from others that you cannot....... confusing or what. Spoke to my local dealership who said yes you can but to buy the Thule bars (sold by them) it would cost £175. As I will not be using them that often £175 ia a bit much to pay. Have any others owners fitted a cheaper option.... how much and where did you get them. Many thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just note these are billed as fitting 508s without sunroof. But then, as far as I know, 508s don't have a true sunroof, which I infer is something that opens.
I looked at this a while back and came to the view that it was going to be a case of shelling out for the Peugeot ones. A lot of adverts will pop up on ebay when you search for "508 roof bars" but then they will qualify things in the small print with "not suitable for low profile roof rails."
I haven't bought any yet but in view of the foregoing and a cost versus hassle of returning something that doesn't fit analysis I'd go for Peugeot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts