Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone with a 508 hybrid?

Ive just had a home charger installed and fully charged overnight and spotted that it states a 23mile range.. is this correct as I expected to see 30+
Any thoughts?

many thanks 馃憤

Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive design Motor vehicle
Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

Registered
The range varies with temperature for start. Peugeot state 'up to 39 miles', They then say "The figures displayed for the plug-in Hybrid range were obtained using a combination of battery power and fuel".
I thought that the idea of hybrids was to use both forms of power in the most economical way, not just use the battery until it runs out and then switch to petrol.
Also, on battery power the range roughly halves with speed, so a full electric 208 might have a range of 200 miles at 40 mph but at 80 mph the range is around 100 miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Idler and yes I understand that the milage varies considerably. I just assumed that a full charge would show the full 39 miles then that figure would reduce when driving due the temp and style etc.
Seems weird to be full and not display the max. As the 23miles displayed are not accurate either 馃槃

Registered
Thanks Idler and yes I understand that the milage varies considerably. I use assumed that a full charge would show the full 39 miles then that figure would reduce when driving due the temp and style etc.
Seems weird to be full and not display the max. As the 23miles displayed are not accurate either 馃槃
I think the range shown on the car as being low has been raised a few times on here so you're not alone. It might be worth scrolling through the threads although I can't remember if they were raised as specific threads or tacked onto others.

Registered
Hi guys anyone with a 508 hybrid?

Ive just had a home charger installed and fully charged overnight and spotted that it states a 23mile range.. is this correct as I expected to see 30+
Any thoughts?

many thanks 馃憤

View attachment 95543 View attachment 95543
Have to say that a 23 or 30 plus mile battery range wouldn't encourage me to rush out and pay the extra premium for the hybrid version.;)

Registered
When I picked my car up from the dealers in March 2019 it was showing 32 miles fully charged. Since then the maximum I have ever seen is 28 miles and this was a couple of times in the warm summer. Generally it is 22 or 24 miles and lower than that during the cold weather down to 12 miles at one point.
When I leave my house whichever direction I go it is uphill for a mile or two, so I would not expect to get the advertised miles.

Registered
Charged mine last night, getting colder now, so only 19 miles.
Just a query. With the hybrid potentially only getting 20 miles under electric power yet having the extra weight of the battery pack, electric motor etc does that mean that under fuel-only mode the MPG is worse than the ICE only equivalent? What I'm getting at is whether or not a hybrid will only return better overall fuel economy if driven in a VERY specific way that won't represent the driving patterns of your average user? As I say, just a query and in no way criticising anyone who chooses the hybrid route.

Registered
You cannot drive in fuel only mode, only hybrid. So the electric motor is always helping, even when fully discharged, and it does get recharged under braking etc so you always have some power left. and always enough for your initial start.

Registered
Peugeot 508 GT Hybrid 08/2021
The range is base in some variant麓s, some natural, like wather, cold ou hot temperature, but also base on drive mode and type of driving on the past miles.
In some trips i have a range of 20 starting , then drive 8, and fineshed with a range of 16 ..... and somethimes the other way .... it depend the way i drive, if i use the AC, if is day or nigth ....
But in avarege for a complete charge i drive more than the range display at start, and its close to the expected.

Registered
I have recently bought a 508 sw Hybrid and, i am so disappointed yes on a full charge i only get 24 miles and was expecting 40. But not just that when i work out the cost to charge the car to get 24 Miles it works out to be roughly 拢4.80 per charge on a good day. Would have been cheaper to buy all petrol or All diesel i feel i have been conned by the word hybrid. and if i had got 40 miles on a charge that would have been reasonable, But its not as it stands as present, For running costs i personally would tell other drivers not to buy a 508 Hybrid. So disappointed trying to do my bit for Carbon footprint

Premium Member
i feel i have been conned by the word hybrid. and if i had got 40 miles on a charge that would have been reasonable, But its not as it stands as present, For running costs i personally would tell other drivers not to buy a 508 Hybrid. So disappointed trying to do my bit for Carbon footprint
If you want a hybrid it has to be a Toyota or Lexus hybrid or plug in hybrid.

Or just wait a few years for Toyota's game changing solid state battery technology ( currently in testing phase ) that will make EV's a lot more usable / suitable for nearly everyone.

Registered
Peugeot 508 GT Hybrid 08/2021
I have recently bought a 508 sw Hybrid and, i am so disappointed yes on a full charge i only get 24 miles and was expecting 40. But not just that when i work out the cost to charge the car to get 24 Miles it works out to be roughly 拢4.80 per charge on a good day. Would have been cheaper to buy all petrol or All diesel i feel i have been conned by the word hybrid. and if i had got 40 miles on a charge that would have been reasonable, But its not as it stands as present, For running costs i personally would tell other drivers not to buy a 508 Hybrid. So disappointed trying to do my bit for Carbon footprint
Today I start with the full charge, range display 36, I drive 19 real miles, and ended up with 26 displayed in the Range ...... so the display range it麓s a calculation base in some variant麓s and the way of driving, and braking for the regeneration. But i can reach the 40 or more in real situations, if i drive normally without climbing mountains .....

Registered
The hybrid always sounded dubious from a financial standpoint. A car that costs in excess of 10k over a pure diesel equivalent and under 40 miles of electric range means I just couldn鈥檛 see how it would be recouped over years of driving.

Premium Member
The hybrid always sounded dubious from a financial standpoint. A car that costs in excess of 10k over a pure diesel equivalent and under 40 miles of electric range means I just couldn鈥檛 see how it would be recouped over years of driving.
I think you are correct. I have just changed from a 1.6 petrol 225bhp one to a 1.6 petrol hybrid 225bhp, both being nearly new at time of purchase. Why? Well the original one was really great with great engine performance. I wanted to change as it was approaching 3yrs old. They are no longer selling them with the 1.6/225 engine unless you go hybrid. The hybrid has a 1.6/180 engine and, combined with the battery produces 225bhp. Being nearly new brought the price down by 拢15,000 for a car that was over a year old and had only done 1200 due to it being an ex demonstrator locked down for most of 2020/21. I hope I can say I will get some payback in fuel economy but only time and battery performance will tell. They are an expensive car to buy new.

Reactions: Idler
1 - 20 of 35 Posts