Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just purchased a demo car 508 SW GT in pearl white metallic paint done 4900km by dealer's manager ( what they say..)
A week has past; I am enjoying so much about 1600cc engine characteristics, especially traded my E63 5500cc Twin Turbo car.
Makes me wonder why I was spending so much petrol for just showing off how quickly I went on traffic lights.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Grille Now I drive 508, so comfortable, so advanced in many ways. I will keep up with your forum to see what are good and bad.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased a demo car 508 SW GT in pearl white metallic paint done 4900km by dealer's manager ( what they say..)
A week has past; I am enjoying so much about 1600cc engine characteristics, especially traded my E63 5500cc Twin Turbo car.
Makes me wonder why I was spending so much petrol for just showing off how quickly I went on traffic lights.
View attachment 87229 View attachment 87229 Now I drive 508, so comfortable, so advanced in many ways. I will keep up with your forum to see what are good and bad.
I agree. I too have an ex demonstrator 1.6 225 petrol GT fastback and it is a wonderful drive. My last three PUGs were 508 GT SW models. All were good, but this is a league ahead. Just in the process of replacing my wife’s 5 year old 208 active 1.2L 82 with the new 208 1.2L 100 GT Line. We are looking forward to the experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I too have an ex demonstrator 1.6 225 petrol GT fastback and it is a wonderful drive. My last three PUGs were 508 GT SW models. All were good, but this is a league ahead. Just in the process of replacing my wife’s 5 year old 208 active 1.2L 82 with the new 208 1.2L 100 GT Line. We are looking forward to the experience.
After a month of driving, I still have not fill up petrol yet, done about 450KM. Looking forward to a first experience of filling petrol. Only one thing I noticed, B pillar is a little bit closer to A pillar so every-time getting out of a car makes me a little bit extra effort to get my bum out. Otherwise, what a car!! Ride is so amazing, huge space at back, smooth engine, 1600CC is really enough to move around town.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
After a month of driving, I still have not fill up petrol yet, done about 450KM. Looking forward to a first experience of filling petrol. Only one thing I noticed, B pillar is a little bit closer to A pillar so every-time getting out of a car makes me a little bit extra effort to get my bum out. Otherwise, what a car!! Ride is so amazing, huge space at back, smooth engine, 1600CC is really enough to move around town.
My previous 508’s were 2.0L diesel and gave an overall average mpg of 40. Over 50 on long runs, but less around town. I was dubious about going to 1.6L, but have been very pleasantly surprised with the petrol’s performance. Overall mpg over the 4000 miles I have done is 37mpg with approaching 50 on long runs. Have just tried the ECO driving mode for the first time on two short journeys and got 26mpg in sport mode then 38mpg on the return journey in eco mode. I use the ‘mypeugeot’ app on my phone to capture the mpg and will try eco on longer journeys, but I have to say, apart from the economy, I don’t like it as it is very sluggish when moving off as it limits the revs in that mode I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts