Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at buying a 508sw shortly is there any common issues to look out for engine wise and electrical wise when buying one.

which model will have sat nav ect

i will also be towing caravan with it aswell will the 1.6 diesel be up to the job or stick with the 2.0 looking at 2011-2013 years with about 60k max on the clock.

i currently have an insignia and hate the thing

cheers
steve

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi - nothing untoward to my knowledge but you're best browsinf the 508 forum. The Allure gives a good spec but no touch screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh that sounds good then the one i have been looking at is the allure but that didnt have sat nav is there any major issues with dpf filter ect

is there any big differences between the 1.6 and 2.0 diesel lumps

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've never had a 1.6 so don't know. With regard to DPF - I don't think it's any better or worse than others. Main thing is to clean it out on a run now and then.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've never had a 1.6 so don't know. With regard to DPF - I don't think it's any better or worse than others. Main thing is to clean it out on a run now and then.
And get the FAP fluid tank topped up and indicator re-set when the warning message appears on screen. My FAP tank took 3.5 litres of the fluid to fill completely.

Personally I would avoid the semi-automatic box in the 1.6 versions...but its all about personal preference.

I have a 2.0 allure auto, and very much like most of the car. Its comfy, well equiped, and reasonable costs to both buy and run.

Good Hunting.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Test all the electrics carefully. I checked my electric seats and they both worked fine...however, when a passenger sits on the front left and tries to move it the fuse blows - it will pretty much only move with no weight on it. Can't be bothered getting it fixed, and have become a master of changing the fuse in record time...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And get the FAP fluid tank topped up and indicator re-set when the warning message appears on screen. My FAP tank took 3.5 litres of the fluid to fill completely.

Personally I would avoid the semi-automatic box in the 1.6 versions...but its all about personal preference.

I have a 2.0 allure auto, and very much like most of the car. Its comfy, well equiped, and reasonable costs to both buy and run.

Good Hunting.

do the 2.0 diesel have the fap fluid how much does it cost to have it replaced and indicator reset. also is there any way of telling the level of the fap fluid

cheers
steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Test all the electrics carefully. I checked my electric seats and they both worked fine...however, when a passenger sits on the front left and tries to move it the fuse blows - it will pretty much only move with no weight on it. Can't be bothered getting it fixed, and have become a master of changing the fuse in record time...

is there any other common electrical glitches to watch out for

cheers

·
Registered
366 Posts
do the 2.0 diesel have the fap fluid how much does it cost to have it replaced and indicator reset. also is there any way of telling the level of the fap fluid

cheers
steve
Fap fluid and fitting kit cost £120. Labour was about 30 minutes, no idea how much someone would charge to reset the counter. I have no knowledge to as to wether there is a way to check how much fluid is in the tank. I would assume that any car with less than 80,000 miles has not had the fluid topped up, but that is only a best guess.

·
Registered
366 Posts
is there any other common electrical glitches to watch out for

cheers
Not that I am aware of....Im sure people on here will have their own personal experiences. An older battery that is starting to be on its way out seems to be able to cause all sorts of phantom issues, that can all go away when a new battery is fitted.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It could possibly be made much better with a software update. There are several threads on this site that discuss RT6 software upgrades.
The latest software update gives you postcode search.. You might need to have the calibration file applied though to prevent bluetooth echo

The latest maps are not bad.. I've only updated the UK map but that involved me sitting in the car with the engine running on the driveway for the best part of 45 minutes!

I did do a side by side comparison of google maps and the Peugeot guidance and I must say that the peugeot one is slightly laggy in terms of where you are..

Also for example coming off the M23 to go round the Dartford direction of the M25, the Peugeot guidance told me to take the first exit which is the filter for M25 towards Heathrow (It showed me this exit on the guidance) and then cut across the lanes to get onto the Dartford exit...

Not a good idea.. I ten to just use it in map mode if I need to find a side street or it's occasionally useful for seeing where there are petrol stations.. It does also show you where all the Peugeot dealerships are as well :)

The latest speed camera database is already out of date though.. I don't speed but I do have a look at the gantries and may are missing on the database.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts