Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch pedal goes to floor when driving (to the point, or on the edge, of not being able to change gear), click pedal back up with foot and "pressure" and functionality return to normal.

So, Master cylinder replaced and system bled, fault still remains, no change.

The 2017 508 SW only has a master cylinder which feeds into a concentric slave cylinder (CSC) within housing assembly.

Anyone had similar fail mode ??

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
689 Posts
I never replace master and not the slave, just saves on the future drama, one nearly always follows the other.
Did you replace the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slave not changed "yet", as it's not a 5 minute job !!, there is no external slave.
"The 2017 508 SW only has a master cylinder which feeds into a concentric slave cylinder (CSC) within housing assembly."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers RedSector, good info, but what i need to do first is re-bleed the hydraulic circuit to double check its been done properly. so... as I don't think it has.

Item 9 (don't know it's part num) is an inline bleed going into transmission, but I can't immediately figure out how it works e.g it has to be set I think by the mating (male) part in a certain position.

The double clips might be a clue ????

Any ideas greatly received

Pictures and diagram below:-

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Tire Air gun Vehicle Gas

White Slope Line Font Map

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To clarify, the bleed port under the rubber cap, is just that "a port" so the bleed hole that's covered, has to be uncovered "I think" by moving the mating part. but Im not not sure how. e.g how do you set to the bleed position. ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To clarify, the bleed port under the rubber cap, is just that "a port" so the bleed hole that's covered, has to be uncovered "I think" by moving the mating part. but Im not not sure how. e.g how do you set to the bleed position. ???
Problem solved, figured out how to operate the inline bleeder, lift up 2 clips, move mating half 1 clip back, bleed valve will open. bleed from there. Pedal now solid, result, happy teddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts