Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey the speakers In my Peugeot 508 Are terrible and i Am going to replace them. But does anyone know the size (front and back)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You may be wasting your time changing the speakers. I would look at the wattage output of the head unit before going to all the trouble of changing speakers. If it has a rating of say, 5 watts per channel then that's very weak and that's why the speakers sound crap!

If your head unit only outputs 5 watts per channel then that's all you'll get. Probably better to try putting an in line amplifier to bring the wattage per channel up, so hence more music power. Be careful though. Too much will blow the speakers.

A lot of after market head units are pushing out 40 -50 watts per channel, and there's the difference. The amplification is an expensive part of manufacturing so cheaply made bulk standard units tend to have rubbish outputs.

Grumpy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey the speakers In my Peugeot 508 Are terrible and i Am going to replace them. But does anyone know the size (front and back)

Hello!

i changed my one, only in front. I used this one Kicker CS674 16,5 cm
much more better sound quality like the original set

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hello!

i changed my one, only in front. I used this one Kicker CS674 16,5 cm
much more better sound quality like the original set
Any HiFi buff will tell you that the quality of sound output is down to the quality of the speaker and the quality of the enclosure in which it is placed. Many cars have speakers which are not in good quality enclosures so merely changing the speakers may not do the trick. By all means invest in the best quality, appropriately rated speakers and there will be an improvement but do not expect HiFi quality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any HiFi buff will tell you that the quality of sound output is down to the quality of the speaker and the quality of the enclosure in which it is placed. Many cars have speakers which are not in good quality enclosures so merely changing the speakers may not do the trick. By all means invest in the best quality, appropriately rated speakers and there will be an improvement but do not expect HiFi quality.
RT6 has ~ 30watt. Original speakers ~5W. For me these speakers are enough. Yes, not HIFI but not bad for 140 Eur. If somebody needs subwoofer and "concert feeling", it needs a much more money (amplifier, capacitor and much more) . Little investment but big improvement. For me it was a good change

·
Registered
582 Posts
Was it hard getting the door trims off ? The standard stereo may not have a very high output but how often are you going to use it flat out? My domestic stereo is 85 watts per channel and I never get it past 1/4 power

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was it hard getting the door trims off ? The standard stereo may not have a very high output but how often are you going to use it flat out? My domestic stereo is 85 watts per channel and I never get it past 1/4 power
Few screw under the handle and bottom. 16,5 cm slim speekers. You need to test the window up and down during the installation. If you choose too long screw, you can hurt the glass

I'm using in volume 6~12..Not on the max 30

IMG_0863.jpg
door.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aren't the tweeters badly positioned for good sound? Surely they should be facing the occupants?
Surely it would be better, but it is not a Bang & Olufsen hifi :lol:

and i wanted to use the original frame

The set has a crossover with 3 positions. If you choosed the 3rd one. There is a lot of high from the tweeter, you can hear only "cccc cccc ccc ccc' . I hope you know what i mean :D

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the piece number 15 is called in english? Or french? Gotta get a new one for obvious reasons :D

9345 ZP HOLDER HANDLE. this number for left side

this is the right: 9346 ZQ in front doors.

rear ones:
left 9345 ZQ
right 9345 ZR

1593319682356.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have just replaced the factory speakers on our 2014 508 facelift with the Peugeot Focal Hi-Fi speakers that are optional on the current 3008, 5008 and 508. They are a direct plug & play fitment with just 3 screws to remove. Peugeot part number: 9809350880

They sounds much clearer than the originals, so it was a pretty inexpensive upgrade, which I have also carried out to our 2016 308 GTI as the 308 T9 takes the same size speaker.

I had a small 400w Pioneer GM D1004 amp added two days later, which was also pretty much plug and play for the audio guy as I supplied a Parrot Bluetooth Quadlock adapter, so the factory wires wouldn't need to be cut.

The amp has remote sensing and high/lo level inputs, so it switches on/off with the factory head unit and the high level signal is provided from the back of the head unit.

The amp is tiny and small enough to fit below the glove box hidden behind the removable trim that houses the footwell light.

I was there whilst he fitted it and I doubt it took him much more than an hour to fit. The Peugeot Focal speakers now have plenty of punch. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts