Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

I have a 2013 Puegeot 508 RXH Hybrid4.
I am looking to buy a sport air filter (K&N or alternative). Can't seem to find any at the moment. I want a direct replacement filter, not a conical (Fast & Furious) looking one.

I am waiting on my local garages for a Stage 1 power tune price but want to make sure I get a better air filter before I get my tune done.

Any advice from people that have a sport filter and or a tune on their 2.0 e-HDI is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Raul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your stock filter is more than adequate.
Hi drdino,

Thank you for your post.
I was thinking to get some induction noise while I'm doing this. Potentially a more free-flowing exhaust down the line.

·
7,820 Posts
I'm sure K&N will have one but maybe listed as another model. Best thing is to cross ref original part no.

On my DS5 I found most models with the 163 bhp engine used the same filter so the RCZ listed one fitted my DS

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure K&N will have one but maybe listed as another model. Best thing is to cross ref original part no.

On my DS5 I found most models with the 163 bhp engine used the same filter so the RCZ listed one fitted my DS

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Hi windy1603,

Thank you for your suggestion unfortunately, the physical dimensions of the filter that is on my car are different by a couple of cm to the ones available on K&N. I'll keep looking.
Still waiting on price quotes from some garages near me. I only got one price at this stage.

Regards,
Raul

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi windy1603,

Thank you for your suggestion unfortunately, the physical dimensions of the filter that is on my car are different by a couple of cm to the ones available on K&N. I'll keep looking.
Still waiting on price quotes from some garages near me. I only got one price at this stage.

Regards,
Raul
Hi I am very interested to hear how you get on with the remapping your RXH. I find driving mine that the engine revs very hard if I accelerate away to too quickly and takes a while for the gearbox to catch up. I end up having to drive it quite gently. Maybe mapping would help or maybe make it worse. Do you drive it in sport mode much or are you hoping get better performance on Eco? Thanks.

·
7,820 Posts
Servicebox lists 1444XF as the air filter for your car same part number is listed for a 407 with the 136 or 163 engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi I am very interested to hear how you get on with the remapping your RXH. I find driving mine that the engine revs very hard if I accelerate away to too quickly and takes a while for the gearbox to catch up. I end up having to drive it quite gently. Maybe mapping would help or maybe make it worse. Do you drive it in sport mode much or are you hoping get better performance on Eco? Thanks.
Hi Satts,

I had the same issue originally. Discovered that the clutch was wearing out. I got the gearbox computer adjusted by Peugeot dealership to change the biting point of the clutch to accommodate for the wear of the clutch. Peugeot advised at that time that the clutch needed to be replaced. One year later and 20k km I noticed the car slipping again and got the entire clutch kit and flywheel replaced. I have also noticed that in Auto mode, the gearbox computer does not know what gear to chose and tends to downshift too much creating this high rev engine with no go.

After I got my clutch replaced I decided not to rev too hard and to change gears manually when planning to accelerate hard. The car is much happier since. Also, since the clutch was replaced the car is much faster and gear changes are quick with no more all revs and no go. It just goes now.

I am confident that the new clutch will work just fine with a couple of more ponies. Stage 1 will give the engine +27HP more and +60Nm and stage 2 it gives +41HP and 90Nm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Servicebox lists 1444XF as the air filter for your car same part number is listed for a 407 with the 136 or 163 engine
Hi windy1603,

This is correct. But still can't find a sport filter equivalent to these dimensions.
Thanks,
Raul

·
7,820 Posts
This should be the same size as its cross referenced against the OEM number. I have Pipercross in my RGV and it works fine.

Pipercross Filter PP90

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This should be the same size as its cross referenced against the OEM number. I have Pipercross in my RGV and it works fine.

Pipercross Filter PP90
Hi windy1603,

Thank you for suggesting Pipercross. Even though ebay suggests that this does not fit my car, based on the measurements it's 1-2mm off on length and 3mm off on width. I'm sure it will fit just fine.
Unfortunately, Pipercross is a silent filter and I'm looking for that induction noise. Meanwhile, I have found that Sprint Filter offers a performance filter (dry type) with better performance than K&N. Also, BMC has one that will suit.
Sprint Filter ref P268S and BMC ref FB293/04 respectively. I've double-checked the dimensions and both Sprint and BMC are -+ 1-2mm from what I currently have installed in my car.

I am considering Sprint Filter due to dry type design and reviews from Dyno runs. Apparently It has the best performance. I will find out the truth when my car is on the dyno.

Thanks,
Raul

·
7,820 Posts
To be honest they make very little difference between types due forced induction, i had marginal MPG increase in my DS5 and what felt like better pickup, the main reason i fitted it was i was changing filter at every service so 2-3 times per year, it worked out cheaper and i was getting a remap and it should have a higher flow rate.

Induction noise is minimal due to turbo attenuating induction, often more of a turbo whine, the son-in-law fitted a cone to his TDI and it used to sound like a police siren all the time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Satts,

I had the same issue originally. Discovered that the clutch was wearing out. I got the gearbox computer adjusted by Peugeot dealership to change the biting point of the clutch to accommodate for the wear of the clutch. Peugeot advised at that time that the clutch needed to be replaced. One year later and 20k km I noticed the car slipping again and got the entire clutch kit and flywheel replaced. I have also noticed that in Auto mode, the gearbox computer does not know what gear to chose and tends to downshift too much creating this high rev engine with no go.

After I got my clutch replaced I decided not to rev too hard and to change gears manually when planning to accelerate hard. The car is much happier since. Also, since the clutch was replaced the car is much faster and gear changes are quick with no more all revs and no go. It just goes now.

I am confident that the new clutch will work just fine with a couple of more ponies. Stage 1 will give the engine +27HP more and +60Nm and stage 2 it gives +41HP and 90Nm.
Some interesting points. Mine has always been very fickle to drive since I purchased it with 25K miles on the clock and it is a known fault with the RXH regarding gearbox lagging the engine. The question is how do you tell if the clutch needs replacing on this type of gearbox? I asked a Peugeot dealer here if they could do anything with computer settings to smooth out the gear changes and they looked at me as if I was mad and said there was nothing wrong with it. Not sure I want to part with the best part of £2000 to change the clutch and DMF though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some interesting points. Mine has always been very fickle to drive since I purchased it with 25K miles on the clock and it is a known fault with the RXH regarding gearbox lagging the engine. The question is how do you tell if the clutch needs replacing on this type of gearbox? I asked a Peugeot dealer here if they could do anything with computer settings to smooth out the gear changes and they looked at me as if I was mad and said there was nothing wrong with it. Not sure I want to part with the best part of £2000 to change the clutch and DMF though.
Hi Satts,

In fairness, the mechanic said that the clutch was not that bad looking at it on the workbench. But my RXH had a different opinion that morning hence it snapped the alternator belt while turning on. The reason I considered changing the clutch and DMF as because the DMF was noisy and I was getting an error on the dash to say that the Clutch initialization has failed. This error was only showing up when accelerating hard while one electric mode. It looked like the gearbox did not know from what gear to start the engine since the car was already traveling with 10-15km/h.

I have bought FAP app for android that displays gearbox error messages. And I was getting an intermittent Clutch initialization error sometimes. The car felt sluggish and jumpy to drive and EV mode was getting disabled. If you're not experiencing these symptoms your clutch might be just fine.

Also, FAP app will show you clutch bitting points and each gears parameter. Other useful info is available as you can see.
The main reason I bought this was for checking the FAP regeneration cycles. This car does not display a FAP regeneration in progress dash light as other car brands do.
You can see soot quantity in FAP and other DPF and engine-related stats. And yes, you can erase error codes with this app.
Please note: This is not a paid advertisement. I have no involvement with this app or its creators. All the opinions about this app are mine and I'm not getting anything for sharing this with you. I just find it useful to be able to see what your car is doing. I wanted to mention this so I don't get an advertisement related warning or ban.

Kind Regards,
Raul

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Satts,

In fairness, the mechanic said that the clutch was not that bad looking at it on the workbench. But my RXH had a different opinion that morning hence it snapped the alternator belt while turning on. The reason I considered changing the clutch and DMF as because the DMF was noisy and I was getting an error on the dash to say that the Clutch initialization has failed. This error was only showing up when accelerating hard while one electric mode. It looked like the gearbox did not know from what gear to start the engine since the car was already traveling with 10-15km/h.

I have bought FAP app for android that displays gearbox error messages. And I was getting an intermittent Clutch initialization error sometimes. The car felt sluggish and jumpy to drive and EV mode was getting disabled. If you're not experiencing these symptoms your clutch might be just fine.

Also, FAP app will show you clutch bitting points and each gears parameter. Other useful info is available as you can see.
The main reason I bought this was for checking the FAP regeneration cycles. This car does not display a FAP regeneration in progress dash light as other car brands do.
You can see soot quantity in FAP and other DPF and engine-related stats. And yes, you can erase error codes with this app.
Please note: This is not a paid advertisement. I have no involvement with this app or its creators. All the opinions about this app are mine and I'm not getting anything for sharing this with you. I just find it useful to be able to see what your car is doing. I wanted to mention this so I don't get an advertisement related warning or ban.

Kind Regards,
Raul
I am not up to date on stuff like this. Which app and adaptor did you use? Would be interesting to see where the clutch bite point is on mine compared to yours. Thanks David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not up to date on stuff like this. Which app and adaptor did you use? Would be interesting to see where the clutch bite point is on mine compared to yours. Thanks David
Hi David,

I've got FAP app from amazon 2 years ago. Link here: FAP Citroen/Peugeot ELM327 OBD2: Amazon.co.uk: Appstore for Android. Again, no afiliation with the seller/developer.
This app is for android and pairs to an bluetooth OBD 2 reader. I bought an ELM327 mini, nearly 10 years ago. I have used it since on all my cars. best 5 euro ever spent xD. Pictured below.

This is widely available from multiple online stores. I have not tried using any other model brands. This dongle is mostly for when you're stuck at the side of the road in limp mode due to an intermitent issue. I had civic that would not start if it detected a misfire. This got me back on the road and home. Don't leave this plugged in into your car when you're not in the car as it can allow other people to gain access to your car and have the car started and so on... WIth the right software you can make keys with this...

For more complicated diagnostics I use a delphi 150e diagnostic box. I had a bunch of renaults in the past and this box was a must... Works on all cars and models up to 2015. I did not bother buying the latest software for this.

FAP is more than enough for most tasks.

Regards,
Raul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts