Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else experience a clunk when driving in slow traffic , it normally happens when you come to a stop , travel a few feet stop and clunk , it's a little annoying sounds like something is disengaging . Would like to know if this is a common thing with this hybrid , or is there a fault .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
508 RXH clunk

Hi, I'm not sure what causes this clunk , but would like to know if it's a common thing with this car or a fault ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure what causes this clunk , but would like to know if it's a common thing with this car or a fault ?

Yes, I sometimes get a clunk when I put the car in reverse! Sounds like a bird hitting the rear window! Everything OK after that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I sometimes get a clunk when I put the car in reverse! Sounds like a bird hitting the rear window! Everything OK after that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That happens when you are in a hurry, and you aren't waiting for the car to boot and what you hear is the sound of rear sensors in rear speakers.
We have another problem like something is breaking in front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, not in a hurry! Radio turned off so rear speakers = no sound! As I said before sounds like a bird hitting the rhs rear window. Bizarre........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not been on the forum in a while so I missed this thread, I have the same with my RXH and after talking to a tech was told its normal, seems to be one of the drives disengaging, it shouldn't happen all the time but normally when you have gone a short distance in ZEV and then haing to brake again, the car would have been preparing itself to use the diesel engine and suddenly doesn't need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts