Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Peugeot 508 (1.6L Petrol) purchased brand new in 2014 and done only 50,000km. recently I started getting the following messages.

1. Anti roll-back failure
2. Automatic parking brake failure
3. ASR/ESP system fault
and occasionally "Break system Fault- Stop the vehicle"

I took it to Peugeot who checked the car and claimed that the sensor in the brake fluid reservoir is faulty and the brake reservoir tank needs replacing. This was done, but a few weeks later I started getting the same messages again. I took it to Peugeot again and after "extensive" testing they say that the ECU needs replacing. Since the vehicle is just out of it's 3 year warranty it is going to cost a pretty packet. Would appreciate the input of anyone who knows what it going on here and had the problem sorted successfully.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get yourself a brake light switch, they are easy DIY, low cost repairs and if they go wrong they make your dash light up like a christmas tree.

Common PSA failure, and an easy fix without needing to resort to dealers to fanny about speculatively replacing an ecu!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem. Sorted for pennies! See my post " too many warning lights". It was just a corroded 20amp fuse, on top of the battery.
I had same issue and found your answer very helpful (p508sw 2.0 HDI). Yellow fuse on top of battery was corroded and unfuncional. Thank you very much, this saved me a lot of time and money. Greetings from Croatia !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very happy to have helped. Collectively, the answer can usually be found! This is a great forum. "In the multitude of counsellors there is accomplishment".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the info on this. I had similar issues with constant brake faults and new fuse cured it. Saved me lots of pennies! 👍

Just need to cure the parking sensor fault now😟

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi every one ... i faced the problem . but anyone can tell me where the fuse located exactly , i couldn't find it .. thanks so much..

·
9,216 Posts
It only applies to cars with the extra fuse/power switching unit which is clipped to the top of the battery cover, there are a number of fuses both on the top of the unit and also some hidden on the bottom under a slide off cover

1 - 11 of 11 Posts