Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody can recall any previous post regarding the problem in the title?
Any help would be much appreciated if you kindly show me the right path.
If there is no similar discussion I can look into (tried but not found) I'll give some details about the fault, and what I have done so far with it.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, because 28 views already on this post without comment I assume there is no similar fault been discussed before.
So here we go..
1 Engine lamp on
2 OBD diagnostic shows 17 faults :) Not diagbox or PP2k
one of them is Throttle body valve is always open.
3 TB out, valve cleaned (was not bad at all) checked with a voltmeter, all good.
TB installed back.
The valve actuator is driven by vacuum, checked, NO VACUUM at this end.
Checked vacuum pump, looks ok, vacuum present.
The pipe connected to the actuator on the throttle body is strangely going behind on the top left side of the engine and coming back on the right side to the vacuum pump.
Can't see what is behind the engine where the pipe is connected but must be something there where it's losing the vacuum. No hissing noise or anything. Can there be another sensor or valve?
Help, please...
Can't even find a proper drawing of the questioned part. Bought 2011 Peugeot service and repair manual, not very useful in my case.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok, because 28 views already on this post without comment I assume there is no similar fault been discussed before.
So here we go..
1 Engine lamp on
2 OBD diagnostic shows 17 faults :) Not diagbox or PP2k
one of them is Throttle body valve is always open.
3 TB out, valve cleaned (was not bad at all) checked with a voltmeter, all good.
TB installed back.
The valve actuator is driven by vacuum, checked, NO VACUUM at this end.
Checked vacuum pump, looks ok, vacuum present.
The pipe connected to the actuator on the throttle body is strangely going behind on the top left side of the engine and coming back on the right side to the vacuum pump.
Can't see what is behind the engine where the pipe is connected but must be something there where it's losing the vacuum. No hissing noise or anything. Can there be another sensor or valve?
Help, please...
Can't even find a proper drawing of the questioned part. Bought 2011 Peugeot service and repair manual, not very useful in my case.
You could try looking at the exploded diagrams on Servicebox

Service Box

Easy and free to sign up. It's no service manual (on the free version), but it may help you see more clearly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So after full codes clear down this is the only code coming back after test drive ?

Have you put a pipe direct on the vacuum actuator and does it pull closed when you suck in it manually ( oooerrr ! ).

There will be no vac on the feed pipe whilst it is at idle as if there was the butterfly would close and the engine could not get air and stall .

This butterfly does a couple of things ...... anti shudder on engine switch off ,
Partial close whilst in Regen ( inlet strangulation) this is to drive up inlet temps whilst in Regen mode , on some engines whilst on the over run butterfly will partially close .

Trace the pipe from the butterfly back to its vacuum control solenoid , there will be two or three pipes on it ......vac supply from brakes vac pump ...remove whilst engine running is there vac present ? if not check back to the brakes pump or sometimes it comes off a resvoir , vac line that goes to butterfly, and the other one can be a small pipe with like a gauze filter on it ....this is the vac relief to atmosphere.

On the solenoid if you take off the vac supply pipe and the pipe that feeds the butterfly and hold them together if all the pipe work is good the butterfly will close ( engine running obviously)

If it does not you either have a vac leak in that pipe work or the vac actuator on the butterfly is duff .

If all this checks out good then you need to test for a live and a switched earth on the vac solenoid and check the solenoid it’s self .

One step at a time ....test ...rule out ....move on to next test .....no guess work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could try looking at the exploded diagrams on Servicebox

Service Box

Easy and free to sign up. It's no service manual (on the free version), but it may help you see more clearly.
That is awesome, thank you, was not easy but found the drawing exactly I was looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after full codes clear down this is the only code coming back after test drive ?

Have you put a pipe direct on the vacuum actuator and does it pull closed when you suck in it manually ( oooerrr ! ).

There will be no vac on the feed pipe whilst it is at idle as if there was the butterfly would close and the engine could not get air and stall .

This butterfly does a couple of things ...... anti shudder on engine switch off ,
Partial close whilst in Regen ( inlet strangulation) this is to drive up inlet temps whilst in Regen mode , on some engines whilst on the over run butterfly will partially close .

Trace the pipe from the butterfly back to its vacuum control solenoid , there will be two or three pipes on it ......vac supply from brakes vac pump ...remove whilst engine running is there vac present ? if not check back to the brakes pump or sometimes it comes off a resvoir , vac line that goes to butterfly, and the other one can be a small pipe with like a gauze filter on it ....this is the vac relief to atmosphere.

On the solenoid if you take off the vac supply pipe and the pipe that feeds the butterfly and hold them together if all the pipe work is good the butterfly will close ( engine running obviously)

If it does not you either have a vac leak in that pipe work or the vac actuator on the butterfly is duff .

If all this checks out good then you need to test for a live and a switched earth on the vac solenoid and check the solenoid it’s self .

One step at a time ....test ...rule out ....move on to next test .....no guess work
Hi Mechcanico,

Codes not been cleared, no test drive. It was just a quick diagnostic done by a friend of mine in a hurry :(
Yes, actuator works by sucking "manually" :), but not able to close it properly, have not got that much vacuum in my head :)
Your help is great, thank you very much, just found drawing so taking apart tomorrow, will post if I find anything
Thanks again
Happy new year everyone

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your finding the butterfly creeps back open as you hold the vacuum on it the diaphragm probably has a small leak .

With any code testing record the codes you have , clear down then take car for a test drive....most drive re learns and adaptations are done in around a 10 mile test drive , so do at least that , then re code ....some codes will store in the ‘pending ‘ memory .....these codes can take varying ignition on / off cycles before they flag any management lights , some codes flag straight away ......all depends on the ecm strategy

Doing it this way saves going down loads of diagnostic pathway testing on possible bogus codes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts